New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vinj,

I can't do intake mods. My water fording capability will be compromised. I don't know about the exhaust. The current one is pretty well designed for off-roading.

I'm just looking for a few more horses. Just in case I add some weight on the truck soon.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OTEP,

magpapataba po kayo? :mrgreen:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mbt,

Oo, sana. Saka dumadami ang chicks ko, eh. (joke lang, baka matepok ako kay mommy Yoli nito). :mrgreen:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    Should you raise the boost, do get a boost gauge to keep you from blowing up your engine. You may also want to put a hood vent for your intercooler to make cooling more efficient. What you should keep in mind is that you'll want to keep your engine/turbo internal temperature at bay and running efficiently should you crank up the boost a bit.
    incidentally, i still have my old hood (with provision for scoop) in my garage! Im willing to let go at a very very very very cheap price. Tipong enough for a boost controller :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pajerokid, this hood of yours is OEM type complete with the duct? For intercooler body Pajero? If you want to dispose it at a good price I'm kinda interested in that if a deal my dad and i are trying to work out pushes through (give me a couple of weeks)...

Otep, the exhaust pipe upgrades should help then. Tapos lagyan mo ng racing muffler at corvis wing para mas astig ca sa tsiks. :P

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep you can increase the boost of the turbo by adding spacers or washers to the wastgate actautor can, Increasing the tension of the spring inside. I had a boost gauge installed and added about 2psi of boost, acceleration improved, consumptions of fuel depends on your foot :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yellow,

Detailed instructions naman. Saan ka kumuha ng materyales? Salamat. Might be a good weekend project.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OTEP,
    All you need is a socket wrench #12 and a couple of washers.

The washers were bought sa hardware ordinary washers lang, I bought 10 pcs for 5 pesos, choose washers that can fit the bolts of the actuator, all you do is take off your actuator can, there are two bolts the secures your actuator can on the intake manifold, just place the washers in between the actuator can and the intake manifold, then screw it back on.

Two washers can add about 1 psi to maximum boost, to be able to install the washers easily you can super glue the washers together.

Be careful not to tighthen the bolt to much, the intake manifold can get loose thread easily.

If you go beyond 2 washers you need a longer bolt, i added only 3 washers the stock maximum boost of my engine was at 10 psi now its around 12 psi.

I wanted to go to around 14 psi but i was afraid the engine couldn't take it so i set it at 12 psi, I think a +2psi wouldnt be too much for the engine.

It would help also if you installed an open type filter and larger exhuast pipes and a free flow muffler.

If I had a digital camera I could take pictures of a step by step guide.

The mod helps in low end acceleration as the actuator doesn't open too early, it doesn't let boost escape too early, so it helps in spooling the turbo faster.

I hope this help just drop me a line if you have any other questions.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yellow,

Hindi ko maimagine. Sana may picture. Pero I will try to visualize it in my mind. Hehehe.

So in essence, I am lifting my actuator can?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OTEP,
    Yes you got it, so when you lift the actuator can the tension on the spring inside the can increases, so you need a higher air pressure to push the spring, to open the wastegate.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Cranking up the boost on the 4D56TDIC