New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    saan na po ba yung Pajero Thread?....

gusto ko sana mag tanong kung sino na ang nakapag convert na ng 4D46 Pajero Automatic to Manual Transmission. wala kaming problema sa convertions dito. peru malaki po ba talaga ang difference ng fuel comsumption? ang kuya ko kasi insists that my parents should use a manual tranny to save more fuel but I don't want to take risk of having a very noisy Pajero, if it's just a small percent in fuel Mileage.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    minimal lang ang gain.... not worth the cost....

how much do they consume on city and hi-way?? i get 6-7km/L on city and 9-12km/L on hiwayon mya A/T paj... basically near the consumption of M/T pajero's..

ang interview ko sa mga surplusan sa banawe (for my delica noon) iba ang bolt pattern nung housing ng a/t sa manual, so it follows na magkaiba ung butas na pinagkakabitan..basta, hirap i-explain, in short, di daw basta salpak lang ang manual tranny sa 4d56t na originally matic nakalagay...manual, manual lang, matic, matic lang...

unlike nung 2c, pwede manual, pwede sa matic...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Trade in mo sa gustong mag automatic. hehehe. para sakin sayang lng ang pera sa pag convert..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    wala po kami problema sa convertions. we already converted quite # of Japan Import Suv's and sell them, I think iba rin ang transmission ng Delica 4D56 from a Pajero 4D56. Delica's tranny ay nasa likod and use a cable tranny for the stick, while Pajero's tranny is directly below the tranny stick. Delica manual trannys are cheaper too...

ang Kompetensya din namin dito, halos pinalitan nila ang Delicas ng Manual Tranny... kaya madaling na-ubos tinda nila.

*v22: yes, the range is most likely the same 6-7km/L on city and 9-12km/L Highway.

never got to use a converted one for personal use for a long time, kaya wala ako personal experience sa difference sa fuel Mileage sa na convert na Pajero.

I want to tell my bro, with the feedback here that it's not worth it... even the risk of having a noisy Pajero...

PS... edit ko later if my Bro is going to read this post...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by v22
    minimal lang ang gain.... not worth the cost....

how much do they consume on city and hi-way?? i get 6-7km/L on city and 9-12km/L on hiwayon mya A/T paj... basically near the consumption of M/T pajero's..
    I agree with v22. The conversion would likely not justify the cost of having savings on fuel cost given the minimal difference. I also have a 2.5TDIC with an automatic tranny and I am very satisfied with it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung cost ng conversion, pambili na lang ng fuel.

Also not worth hacking up the vehicle.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a lot of people are spending a lot to save on fuel, not realizing that they actually spent more than what they saved in fuel costs in the long run.
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    salamat po. gusto ko ipabasa sa kuya tong post na to'

Converting would cost us from 20K-30K labor and material. for a not so significant mileage and no guarantee of noise free transmission Pajero...

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    ganun ba? pero parang i still prefer na iconvert ung pipip ko from auto to manual kc mas gusto ko pa rin ung may hinihimas na kambyo kapag nagmamaneho. inaantok kc ako s auto lalu na kapag long drives.at para bawas maintenance. ang mahal kc pagawa ng auto tranny compared to manual dito samin.i hope makahanap ako ng muramura sa surplusan

Converting 4D56 Pajero from Auto to Manual tranny