New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I own a 2008 advie. 2 days ago, i went to this gas station in judge jimenez along e. rodriguez kasi medyo mura diesel dun. Na salestalk ako nung gas boy na magavail nung promo na change oil so i obliged. After 30 mins, the car seems ok, and then i went to mega mall kasi sunday nun eh. pag uwi ko mga 9 pm, i noticed streaks of oil sa may oto, and i assumed na normal coz kakapalit ko lang ng oil. While I was driving on my way home, i noticed the oil valve suddenly turned on. Luckily, there was a gas station nearby, so napatignan ko yung makina. Ang lakas ng tagas. Tapos medyo may maingay na rin sa makina. Anu kaya mga complications nun? Chaka anu kaya reason kung bakit nagleak? I'm planning to sue the gas station din kasi. Commute muna ko ngayon hehe. Thanks!!!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Well, my first question would be, where is the leak coming from? There are three likely places where it could come from; Oil drain plug, oil filter, and oil filler cap. Of course there are other sources of leaks like the main seals, gaskets, etc. But since the last work done on your car was an oil change (probably includes changing the oil filter), the former three sources are the likely culprits.

The noise you hear is probably due to the low oil level and/or pressure. Engine oils, among its other jobs, provides a cushion between metal parts that damps most of the clattering noise given off by the engine. There's usually no lasting damage if the car was only driven for a few Km with a low oil level.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Concur with oj88. It could be that they didn't tighten or they miss aligned the oil filter (which is the cause of leaks 80% of the time).

Delikado maubusan ng engine oil....

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Well, my first question would be, where is the leak coming from? There are three likely places where it could come from; Oil drain plug, oil filter, and oil filler cap. Of course there are other sources of leaks like the main seals, gaskets, etc. But since the last work done on your car was an oil change (probably includes changing the oil filter), the former three sources are the likely culprits.

The noise you hear is probably due to the low oil level and/or pressure. Engine oils, among its other jobs, provides a cushion between metal parts that damps most of the clattering noise given off by the engine. There's usually no lasting damage if the car was only driven for a few Km with a low oil level.
    +1 sometimes its better to Do it yourself. Your more concern on your engine or if you have a mechanic better let the change oil leave to him but with your own proper guidance regarding drain plug tight with new washer to prevent from leak , proper amount of oil, oil filter oem for your specific engine, important after change oil let it run to see if theres any leak in oil filter , drain plug and others .

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    ang g*#$ naman nung nag-change oil sa iyo. dapat ipapa-check pa sa iyo yun na wala nang leak kapag pinastart mo kasi iaangat ulit advie mo para makita yung ilalim na walang oil leak.

masama ang maubusan ng oil tsk3, kakatok ang makina buti nalang kaunti lang naman ang km na binyahe mo.

ako sa Caltex E. Rod. in front of Chowking palagi nagpapa-change oil and tune-up, ok naman ang service.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Concur with oj88. It could be that they didn't tighten or they miss aligned the oil filter (which is the cause of leaks 80% of the time).

Delikado maubusan ng engine oil....
    Did they use a GENUINE OIL FILTER for MITSUBISHI? maybe they used a "similar" one and it was NOT a good fit... so there goes the spill.

I do hope u will have your oil change at the casa from now on... especially since it is still within the warranty period.
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; August 26th, 2009 at 11:43 AM.