New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I would suggest getting a maintenance service from casa. The mechanics there are most probably trained and equipped with regards to replacing auto parts and fluids specifically intended for your car. They have the appropriate tools for diagnosing problems involving engine performance. But, if a shop is that reliable as claimed by its customers, then, why not... Just beware of unscrupulous mechanics...they exist even in some recommended shops.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    for me, if may budget, casa for PMS
    (but consider as well yung casa na pinapagawaan mo, kasi iba iba rin quality ng gawa)
    masmaganda resale value ng auto kapag may mapapakita kang service record... although i have nothing against PMS done by non-casa shops.

tapos kapag may recommendations (ex replace shocks etc), buy parts from casa/genuine parts dealer then have it replaced by your suking mekaniko.

ganun maintainance regimen ng mga auto namin, so far never had major problems. magastos talaga magkakotse. kailangan ng TLC.

pero importante sa lahat, huwag magpabaya sa PMS schedule regardless of casa or non-casa like speedyfix etc... P=preventive... PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE.hehe

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    sir san kayo nag papa pms?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Advise pls...My Adventure is nearing its 20K km PMS. Prior to that puro casa lang PMS niya, though i noticed na change-oil lang talaga ginagawa, i was after the warranty considering that we use the advie for long distance travels. However, i would like to put in my engine the best oil i can afford, not the one by the casa. And since the service manual is pretty straight forward, i suppose i can just ask my suking talyer to perform what needs to be done.

Okay lang kaya kung sa labas na lang ako magpa-PMS considering the vaunted reliability of 4d56 engine and parts availability?

Siyangapala, yung i10 ni wifey sa labas casa ko na pinapa-PMS. Sobra pala nilalagay na engine oil ng casa nuon (4 liters instead of 3.5 L), and sobra sobra din ATF level.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    from http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/...vacmtt1100.htm :

Transmission Service System
    TransTech III is designed to exchange virtually all of the used automatic transmission fluid in a vehicle’s transmission, and do it in only one simple step!
    The TransTech III Transmission Service System can increase a shop’s profits by reducing the time it takes to do a complete fluid exchange to approximately 10 minutes. This new turnkey transmission service system is easy to use and is compatible with most foreign and domestic vehicles. How TransTech III Works
    TransTech III’s advanced electronic interface allows complete, “one touch” control. It even has a quick and easy “Drain Pan” function for transmission filter changes during ATF exchange.
    TransTech III connects through transmission cooler lines and provides a clean, “environmentally friendly” and systematic approach to servicing automatic transmissions. The unit will flush virtually all of the old transmission fluid and replace it with the new fluid while the engine is running. Best of all, there’s nothing to adjust, the machine controls the flow!
    Normally, when a technician drains the transmission, the torque converter, clutch drums, cooler and the valve body will retain large amounts of old, burnt and dirty fluid. By allowing the vehicle’s transmission pump to flush out the old fluid while the TransTech III system pumps in new fluid, virtually all of the old fluid can be replaced.
    The TransTech III completes the fluid exchange faster and more efficiently because of its unique interface and easy-to-use design. TransTech Solutions
    MotorVac provides two solutions that when used can further enhance the TransTech service. A specially formulated ATF cleaner suspends and gently removes harmful varnish, sludge and contaminant's from the transmission system, torque converter, pump cooler and fluid lines. An ATF conditioner will help keep seals pliable and reduce the possibility of leakage, reducing fluid oxidation and heat related breakdowns. These solutions will help quiet and smooth shifting, improve performance and extend transmission life. Features & Benefits

• 12-volt DC power makes the unit portable.
    • “One Touch” electronic display allows for quick and easy operation.
    • “Drain Pan” electronic function for filter change during ATF exchange.
    • Sturdy, compact design great for longevity and convenience.
    • Two 26 quart reservoirs for large capacity transmission.
    • Audible low fluid alarm and indicator light for safe operation.
    • Lighted display gives visual indication when unit is on.
    • High volume fluid pumps allow service to be completed in 10 minutes.
    • Electrical circuit protection for added safety precaution.
    • Complete cooling line adapter kit provides ability to service most foreign and domestic vehicles.
    • Automatic bypass prevents the transmission from running out of fluid at end of service.
    • High volume fluid pump allows waste tank to empty rapidly after service.
    is there any shop in manila that offer this service?

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Fronte Motor Parts

23-B Kabignayan st, cor. banawe st quezon city.

712 0864
    712 0919

Breakdown of expense (For my Pajero Fieldmaster):
    10 liters Whiz ATF (155/quart at Carline) - 1550
    MOC ATF Cleaner + Suplement - 850
    Labor - 700 (Discounted care of their 'boss')

7. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    buhayin ko lang 'tong thread na to: i am planning na lumabas ng casa after my free 1000 and 5000 KMS. i used to go sa isang shell gasoline station dito sa amin to do change oil, check fluids and etc. may marerecommend ba kayo na shop na ok/maalam ang mga crew pagdating sa maintenance ng sasakyan? ok ba sa motech or servitek? thanks!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    ^ Hindi ba ma void warranty mo by doing that?

Sent from my Asus ZenFone 2 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Hmmm. PMS kasi is may parts na nasa "maintenance guide" ng manufacturer na kailangan palitan after xxxkms...

Kung sa labas ka papagawa, wala sila nung "maintenance guide" so magpapalit lang sila ng (example) brakes kung kailangan... Unlike sa casa na hindi pa sira, pinapalitan na para hindi mo na maexperience na masira sya.

After 5k kms halos unang change oil pa lang sasakyan mo, kung magkaroon ng problem after 15k mahihirapan ka maghabol ng warranty...

Pero honestly, lahat ng kilala kong nag-Vios/Adventure/Revo since madali lang maintenance nila and readily available and parts. Di na nila binalik sa casa yung car after the 1k check up.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    sir *jodski, i believe it will kaso kasi overpriced masyado sa casa, i mean ok lang naman magbayad ng maintenance pero IMBA talaga presyuhan sa casa so i am looking for an alternative shop like speedyfix, shell, yokohama, motech, servitek and a reputable shop near cubao )referred by my colleague)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Casa vs Talyer (for PMS)