New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    My brother is asking me to research about the new Strada. Since he's not here and probably wont be back until november 2011 , he's assigned the task to me. He's been asking me to check out forums and etc about it. Tungkol sa reliability daw ng new strada, whats new, design, engine power and etc.
    i dont even know if its already available in the Philippine market yet, i heard sometime this march.
    (Strada 2.5 GLS Sport-V 4x4 ,eto yata yun)... maybe you guys can share your opinion. especially comparing it to the previous models
    Thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pj_727 View Post
    My brother is asking me to research about the new Strada. Since he's not here and probably wont be back until november 2011 , he's assigned the task to me. He's been asking me to check out forums and etc about it. Tungkol sa reliability daw ng new strada, whats new, design, engine power and etc.
    i dont even know if its already available in the Philippine market yet, i heard sometime this march.
    (Strada 2.5 GLS Sport-V 4x4 ,eto yata yun)... maybe you guys can share your opinion. especially comparing it to the previous models
    Thanks
    I strongly suggest that you back read na lang the thread of 2011 Strada. meron na yan dito sa tsikot para hindi ka mahirapan.

Short comment, yes there will be a new strada with 4d56 engine but with VGT turbo along with 5 speed automatic tranny for the 4x4 GLS-V. Yung reliability niyan ay top notch as long as you follow the manual in terms of proper servicing. May ilang problems at dun mo makikita sa thread nila.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    thanks for taking your time to share some info
    i'll check out past threads about the new strada just like you suggested...

its kinda hard when my brother asks me questions about this, i'm just clueless.
    madami naman nagsasabi maganda daw talaga eh :2thumbsup:

thanks again

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    thanks for taking your time to share some info
    i'll check out past threads about the new strada just like you suggested...

its kinda hard when my brother asks me questions about this, i'm just clueless.
    madami naman nagsasabi maganda daw talaga eh :2thumbsup:

thanks again
    IMO kung hindi naman pang-business or work related na laging marami at mabigat dala mo plus 1-2 person lang naman halos lagi sasakay, the best na yung Strada VGT. Best ride comfort pa and cabin space. Kung pang-work or hauling duties, IMHO, Hilux 3.0 naman or Dmax. Ok din sana Ford kaso depende yan kung available ba parts sa area niyo. Visit some autoshop and ask around talyers na rin. Ayaw ko navarra kasi mababa, kelangan mo pa ng aftermarket lifts at bigger tires para medyo maganda clearance. If prefer mo speed, Navarra ka.

Therefore, depende sa needs ng brother mo yan. Plus dapat test drive niya sana or ikaw na mag-test drive after considering everything; FC, reliability, parts availability, presence of casa in your area since brandnew, resale value, ride comfort, hauling needs etc.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    IMO kung hindi naman pang-business or work related na laging marami at mabigat dala mo plus 1-2 person lang naman halos lagi sasakay, the best na yung Strada VGT. Best ride comfort pa and cabin space. Kung pang-work or hauling duties, IMHO, Hilux 3.0 naman or Dmax. Ok din sana Ford kaso depende yan kung available ba parts sa area niyo. Visit some autoshop and ask around talyers na rin. Ayaw ko navarra kasi mababa, kelangan mo pa ng aftermarket lifts at bigger tires para medyo maganda clearance. If prefer mo speed, Navarra ka.

Therefore, depende sa needs ng brother mo yan. Plus dapat test drive niya sana or ikaw na mag-test drive after considering everything; FC, reliability, parts availability, presence of casa in your area since brandnew, resale value, ride comfort, hauling needs etc.
    he's only here 6months a year... since he's a merchant marine. we checked out the 2010 model when he was still herea. He liked it, especially the cab space, he's almost 6'2, my dad is flat 6' so good comfy space matters to us, especially sa mga sasakay sa likod (me and mom ), dont wanna feel squashed. My brother would totally agree with you about the navarra. he's checked out the hilux, he likes it but not super obsessed with it. I'll definitely keep ur suggestions and opinions in mind
    thanks

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    may question ang brother ko, is it tiptronic?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    may question ang brother ko, is it tiptronic?
    AFAIK the new 4x4 VGT A/T has 5 speed tiptronic while the 4x4 AT VGT has 4 peed tiptronic. Another reason to buy the 4x4 version then.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i hope they come out with a 4x4 2.5vgt manual transmission strada, that would be awesome....

can someone help me out (looking for info on STRADA)