New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I am just a new member of tskot.com, would just like to find out if there are Space Gear Owners in this site. I recently bought my Space Gear and in the process of getting it back to original running condition. The body is ok, its the engine that needs some checking. Right now mileage is only around 5-6 kms/liter and relatively mausok. I already inquired in clubmitsu website and according to them average consumption should be around 8-10 kms/liter.

Actually the reason why I bought the space gear, aside from the passenger capcity is it being a diesel...supposed to be mas matipid at mas magaan sa bulsa! But the opposite is happening now. Any tips?

Some say it needs calibration......how much wil this cost? and how long?

I used to own an itlog glxi and it average 9-11kms/liter in city driving. a full tank (around 40lltrs) can go for around 410kms....city driving. sigh...

Thanks

Space Gear Boy

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think one of our admins could correct your handle hehe :D

Check/Replace your fuel and air filters. Baka low efficiency na.

Try using biodiesel. Its quite popular here and it really works!
    I get mine from Hanson's shop in Banawe.

Have it calibrated.

pag ayaw pa rin, pa compression test mo. pag bagsak, overhaul.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Congratulations on your new Space Gear and Welcome to Tsikot. Baka nga po kailangnan na niya ng recalibration and worse baka overhaul (huwag naman). Pa-check-up ninyo po sa suking mechanic. Also have the air and fuel filters replaced if necessary. Goodluck.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    start with the cheapest repair, gaya ng sabi ni roydok at pajerokid, replace air and fuel filter, tune up, change oil na rin, bago magpacalibrate or engine overhaul.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Thank you guys for the inputs. I have already had the tune up, but I didn't replace the air filter as suggested by the mechanic. Will bring it to a shop this weekend to have it checked. Hopefully di naman overhaul hehehehe

Sir Roydok, thanks again, I am the one who posted the same topic in CLubmitsu.

Are there any other members of tsikot who are Space Gear Owners? would be nice if I can compare notes. But I am so happy to get this info from you guys! MARAMING SALAMAT.

What I noticed is that most of the diesel owners in this forum are 4wheelers.

Will try to post the pix of my ride nex time.

Thanks again!

Space Gear Boy!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Sapce Gear Boy
    ...What I noticed is that most of the diesel owners in this forum are 4wheelers...
    Sa di sinasadyang pagkakataon, nagkasabay sabay lang po kami siguro ng bili ng sasakyan. :D

OTEP used to drive a Kia Besta, pajerokid was also behind a Civic hatchback. kimpOy used to drive to his shop using Civic too. While I was a 2 year driver of our Starex van. :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im a former starex driver too!
    (huhuhuhuhu..
    na-miss ko tuloy bugla yung starex ko!)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SpaceGear's Engine is a 4D56Turbo, try to clean the fuel pump strainer to add some ump! and also put some washers sa turbo's wastegate for additional HP, for add info use our search engine (sa baba ng page)

btw meron kaming SG dati.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm ang alam ko outnumbered ang 4x4 sa 4x2
    marami po tayong 4x2 lalo na yung mga AUV brothers natin plus yung mga pickup guys

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Napaayos ko na yung space gear, overhaul ng injector pump and replace fuel injectors. Madugo, 12K din ang inabot. hopefully it will be a long time again bago ulit ito gawin, sakit sa bulsa! ang nakakaloko lang, kinalawang yung ibang parts sa loob ng injector pump! pinasok ng tubig dati yata. so ngayon papalinis ko yung tangke para sigurado lang.
    ang laki ng deprensya sa takbo, hataw! at di ma musok! as for the consumption, oobserbahan ko pa.

kimp0y, about the washer in the turbo, can this be done without the aid of mechanic? malaki ba taas ng hp?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Calling Space Gear Owners