New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    nabasa ko po ito sa Pick-up comparison, nag lagay lang ako ng concern ko

The most serious problem posted by the owners at the Strada thread that can render the engine dead was the SCV issue

--- A lot has been said already for this but I think palit fuel filter every 10K and gas-up ka sa Petron and Shell na hindi nababaha ang immediate solution..

the dealership are the uneven height, the other side being higher than the other,

---- Hindi po ba ito na check sa Casa bago ibigay sa Owner, meron pa rin po bang ganito? or dala ka ng leveler para makita mo pag hindi pantay ang height? or lumalabas ang uneven stands nya pag na gamit mo na?? In short di pa corrected sa 2010?

squeaky shocks,

--- pareho rin po ang tanong ko, wala pa bang Quality Check ito, or lumalabas lang pag gamit mo na, hindi pa na correct sa 2010?

steering column issues, ---

parang familiar ito ah -- sa GLS ko na adventure dati, may tok na tunog, na correct na po ito sa 2010?

and the Right-hand drive Handbrake (it would be nice if they sell a proper LHD console). --- sa 4x4 po lang ito??

--Pakuha na sana ako ng unit kay Ms Gervacio ng Union-Otis eh, preno muna, isip isip muna kung saan dealer AT SANA MAY MAGFEEDBACK kung paano mag check ng unit, gusto ko po kasi, pag labas ng unit na check ng lahat I do not like to go back and explain the problem. I just want to go back at the Casa for the PM and not to explain the problem..

Ang target ko sa Diamond lang malamang sa V Verde para lapit sa Mall pag nag pa service ako.

TY

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by redoctober View Post
    nabasa ko po ito sa Pick-up comparison, nag lagay lang ako ng concern ko

The most serious problem posted by the owners at the Strada thread that can render the engine dead was the SCV issue

--- A lot has been said already for this but I think palit fuel filter every 10K and gas-up ka sa Petron and Shell na hindi nababaha ang immediate solution..

the dealership are the uneven height, the other side being higher than the other,

---- Hindi po ba ito na check sa Casa bago ibigay sa Owner, meron pa rin po bang ganito? or dala ka ng leveler para makita mo pag hindi pantay ang height? or lumalabas ang uneven stands nya pag na gamit mo na?? In short di pa corrected sa 2010?

squeaky shocks,

--- pareho rin po ang tanong ko, wala pa bang Quality Check ito, or lumalabas lang pag gamit mo na, hindi pa na correct sa 2010?

steering column issues, ---

parang familiar ito ah -- sa GLS ko na adventure dati, may tok na tunog, na correct na po ito sa 2010?

and the Right-hand drive Handbrake (it would be nice if they sell a proper LHD console). --- sa 4x4 po lang ito??

--Pakuha na sana ako ng unit kay Ms Gervacio ng Union-Otis eh, preno muna, isip isip muna kung saan dealer AT SANA MAY MAGFEEDBACK kung paano mag check ng unit, gusto ko po kasi, pag labas ng unit na check ng lahat I do not like to go back and explain the problem. I just want to go back at the Casa for the PM and not to explain the problem..

Ang target ko sa Diamond lang malamang sa V Verde para lapit sa Mall pag nag pa service ako.

TY
    Hi sir,

mahirap pumili ng pickup especially dito sa pinas na ang gaganda ng mga pickup.

Here is my opinion.

My car had SCV replaced (under warranty), if not under warranty, it won't cost an arm and a leg, its less than P10K parts and labor. I used to gas often at Caltex, but it's best to stick with Petron and Shell to minimize this (again, my opinion).

I never had problems with uneven stance, if ever its uneven, its not out of range.

I don't worry about squeeking leafspring. Although i've heard it before, but for me, its not a big deal and its so rare for me to hear it. There are solutions here, by either putting singer oil or loossening the bolt (as per some TSCP members)

I dont have problems with steering column. Although i've heard it from other members.

Log on to Stradaclub website, meron doon two Sales Agent referred by the club. Better choose them as proven na mga Sales agent na yan.

3 years na ang Strada ko with 35K KM++ on it and if I had to turn back time and think of buying a pickup, I will not hesitate to choose Strada as it fits my purpose of bying a pickup. A city pickup that can be used in provincial trips, can go on slight offroad, and its just good looking from the others.

With the price differenced, Strada is bang for the bucks.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i agree, with all the problems of the strada, everything has a remedy. i believe all the crdi pickups now has the dreaded scv/hiccup problems that can make the engine dead. but i really believe the strada has sold the most number of pick ups since it was introduced in 2006 so i am confident wih this pickup.if you can get a good sales agent and casa, owning your strada will be a pleasurable experience. good luck on your purchase.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    The casa should have a check list before releasing the unit. it would be good to ask and complete this before signing for your ride. And go for those SA's na recommended ng mga tao dito.

afaik LHD naman po yung position ng mga hand brakes ng stradas.. for all those problems mentioned yung scv na lang ata yung di ko na experience (hopefully not) tama po si KCboy, lahat ng problem may remedy and so far di naman ako disappointed.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jubs00 View Post
    The casa should have a check list before releasing the unit. it would be good to ask and complete this before signing for your ride. And go for those SA's na recommended ng mga tao dito.

afaik LHD naman po yung position ng mga hand brakes ng stradas.. for all those problems mentioned yung scv na lang ata yung di ko na experience (hopefully not) tama po si KCboy, lahat ng problem may remedy and so far di naman ako disappointed.
    my suggestion would be is once you experience lack of power or your egine dying on you while driving, have the scv checked and replaced, don't wait for the engine to die and won't start, para save yourself the towing and cleaning of the fuel tank expenses..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    my suggestion would be is once you experience lack of power or your egine dying on you while driving, have the scv checked and replaced, don't wait for the engine to die and won't start, para save yourself the towing and cleaning of the fuel tank expenses..
    thanks sir! para sure na rin, i'll have my fuel filter changed next week i just hope sufficient na yan to avoid damaging the scv.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jubs00 View Post
    thanks sir! para sure na rin, i'll have my fuel filter changed next week i just hope sufficient na yan to avoid damaging the scv.
    we can onlyhope, also try to avois excessive idling of the engine. turn it off if you arejust waiting for someone and dont warm up too long. our engines already receive excessive idling form the metro traffic.

Buying Strada -- input nyo po