New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    guys, next month, start na ang construction sa bahay ko and i am thinking of building a trailer for my pajero just so that i don't have to keep borrowing my dad's f150 if i need to carry loads and stuff.

after finished ang bahay, i still plan to use this for dive tanks and dive gear and other stuff.

do you guys have any suggestions? what platform should i use? multicab rear? target ko is a carrying capacity of 1.5 tons

what do you think?

andy

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A Pajero is safely rated to tow an unbraked trailer up to 750kgs. Anything heavier will require inertia or electric brakes.

If I'm not mistaken, 5,000 lbs. is the max rating for a properly equipped vehicle and trailer.

The standard pintle hook is not the best option for towing. You can replace it with a drop hitch (similar to the one offered in the U.S.) or a chassis mounted hitch similar to the one used in the Expedition/F150. This will allow you to use a tow ball which is better and safer for road use.

Your trailer must also be equipped with brakes and the proper lighting.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    wow, 750 kgs lang pala kung walang brakes. parang speedboat lang siguro ito.

hmmmm, in that case, maybe i shoud just build one from the rear of a multicab. magaan lang naman siguro you. maybe my target will be one ton total. 250 kgs for the trailer and 750kgs maximum load.

what do yo guys think? is 1 ton total still safe or should i really just load it with 500 kgs max para shoot sa 750 kgs?

andy

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    750kgs is the safe limit for an unbraked trailer. You can tow more than that if you have a properly equipped and properly built trailer and mounted to your vehicle using a proper hitch mounting system.

I have towed an unbraked trailer weighing over 750 kgs. It was ok on farm and dirt roads. But it can be a handful along the national highways. Getting up to speed is not as bad as you think. It's the braking that will require some skill and foresight. I could really feel the trailer pushing on me when I was braking on some of the down grade portions of the road.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    andy, sayang hindi mo nakita yung trailer ko dati pang hatak ng speedboat ko hehe.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    thanks otep do you think a rear multicab platform would be okay?

andy

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May picture ako ng trailer sa bahay. Including the construction and design. I will scan it tomorrow. Dito kasi ako sa UST matutulog tonight.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Originally posted by OTEP
    The standard pintle hook is not the best option for towing. You can replace it with a drop hitch (similar to the one offered in the U.S.) or a chassis mounted hitch similar to the one used in the Expedition/F150. This will allow you to use a tow ball which is better and safer for road use.

Your trailer must also be equipped with brakes and the proper lighting.
    Boss Otep paano ba ginagamit yung ball hook (ganito kasi nakikita ko sa mga ford suv), diba lilipad ang lunette eye kung lalagay mo to from the trailer?

unlike yung sa baba na may lock sa taas?

kahit bumpy road oks lang

Tnx po for clarifying...

tnx tnx

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    iba ang kapartner ng ball hitch, para itong laddle na exacto sa ball and meron lock mechanism...hindi talaga pang lunnette eye eto.

otep,

please email me a copy too the plans ng trailer...balak ko magpagawa para sa pick-up ko to carry/transport a toyota starlet....my email whyldthing*yahoo.com

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ngek yun pala yung nakikita ko sa mga A frame ng mga kasama ko sa LCCP Pampanga Chapter...kaya nag tataka ako bat ganon itsura non lols

basta papatong mo lang sa ball then lock mo na sya?

tow ball connector pala yon lols

Thanks Wildthing :D

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
building a trailer for my Pajero: any sugestions?