New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    guys, yesterday, i did some light trailing with my gen 2 pajero. when we got to the house, my friend pointed out that i split my rear stepboard on my gen 2 pajero, the light alloy/aluminum thing under the tow hitch.

parang design flaw ata ito because upon inspection, the stepboard has a spring mechanism for it to flip up. problem is, when it flips up, it runs right into the tow hitch.

so i am assuming that when i went up an incline, my rear angle must have been too sharp, therefore flipping the stepboard up, right into the hitch, splitting it in two when it was squeezed between the ground and the tow hitch

anyway, i will be removing it because it compromises my departure angle (and i do not want to spend money to replace it)

has this happened to anyone else?

andy

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the same sad thing happened to kcboy when we took to the payanig tracks before. good thing is, you can get those aluminum steps surplus. i have no idea lang how much.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ask Sir kimps may contact sa kapalangan kung magkano

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    anyone with a price estimate? if i do buy one, di ko muna ikabit. mkhang gusto ko na tuloy gawing off road machine ang aking gen 2 pajero after yesterdays trailing.

i might do what otep did to his pajero. I may have a donor for some used 32 inch mud terrains, so ang kailangan ko na lang is the spacer for the rear and a slight torsion crank. stock rims muna ako, wala pang pera

andy

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I took my center step off a long time ago. That way, the pintle hook hits the terrain first. Tinago ko na lang in case the time comes to sell the Pajero.

Ok naman ang porma kapag walang center step.

Yesterday I backed into a trash can in my father's Montero (equipped with the rear step). If the step wasn't there, the pintle hook would have easily pushed that big can back instead of scratching the step.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    yup, okay naman ang porma. did you live that bar underneath on?

left it on for added protection of my bumper but ang problema, di masyado maganda tingnan ang two mounting locations for the rear step. parang sarap tangalin pero kung tinanggal ko, di ko na mabalik come time to sell my truck.

Otep, where did you buy your coil spacer for the rear again? how about your 1/4 inch spacers?

thanks,

andy

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I took everything out including the chassis mounted bars.
    It's just held on by four bolts. Madali lang alisin.

32" tires will easily clear a Pajero. I'm using 33" tires kaya may spacer. The spacers are available from GlennSters shop at around Php 200.00 each.

If you use 12.5" wide tires (like I did), you will have some rubbing at the swaybar when turning the steering wheel to full lock.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    otep, how about the 1/4 inch spacers? does glennster also carry them? i want a wider stance pero can't afford new mags pa

do you have the email or phone number of glennster?

thanks,

andy

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by luckytruck
    otep, how about the 1/4 inch spacers? does glennster also carry them? i want a wider stance pero can't afford new mags pa

do you have the email or phone number of glennster?

thanks,

andy
    Spacers for a wider stance are available from GlennSter's. I think it's Php 350.00 for a pair. But you have to call ahead to make sure they have some in stock.

09198524960 is Glenn's number. But it would be better if you called his cousin Ronald down at the shop at 02-9218831 para ma-check na niya agad.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    thanks otep, i will call them tomorrow.

andy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
broke my rear stepboard on gen 2 pajero: aaaargh