New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    good day mga sir, meron naba na try ng bioactiv biodiesel on your diesel engine feedback naman po, cause im planning to use it on my 08 gls sports adventure para environmental friendly and tipid daw sa diesel, how true is this, thanks.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Been a happy user of that brand for about 2-3 years now.

I know of a few people who use and love the stuff (bioactiv).

It really helps the engine and with emissions. As for mileage, well, it'll still really depend on your driving style. But if you drive at a reasonable rate, it helps a bit.

Hope this answers your questions.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ford View Post
    good day mga sir, meron naba na try ng bioactiv biodiesel on your diesel engine feedback naman po, cause im planning to use it on my 08 gls sports adventure para environmental friendly and tipid daw sa diesel, how true is this, thanks.
    FYI lang sir, all diesel now are already mixed with 1% biodiesel!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by denier13 View Post
    FYI lang sir, all diesel now are already mixed with 1% biodiesel!
    Really?... Its because I asked at the nearby Shell station if their diesel is the one with biodiesel mixed... they said, "wala pa biodiesel yung diesel namin".

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    No need to add biodiesel as all of the retailers do comply with the bio fuels law since '06 and '07. with their 1% COCO METHYL ESTER. Kaya nga tumahimik na ang senbel as well as bioactive…unless you want to increase the CME ratio.

perhaps shell is the last among the top 3 but they did comply in '07.

Pilipinas Shell complies with BioFuels Law
    06/05/2007

Shell Diesoline Ultra with one percent bio-diesel now available at Shell stations

Manila, Philippines(06 May 2007) - Shell, the world’s largest distributor of transport biofuels, supports the Biofuels Act of 2006 through its compliance with the minimum one percent biodiesel mandate in its diesel engine fuels using coconut methyl ester (CME).

With over 30 years of experience with alternative fuels in countries such as USA, Brazil, Sweden, and Thailand, Shell believes that the use of such fuels is part of its commitment to Sustainable Development in the Philippines and around the world. Shell is working towards securing sustainable biofuel components that meet critical social, environmental and economic criteria including internationally recognized human and worker rights and the preservation of protected areas or valuable ecosystems.

“With over 30 years of marketing and distribution experience with biofuels through other Shell operating companies in the world, Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corporation believes that the use of such fuels is not only in compliance with the law, but also as part of its commitment to Sustainable Development,” Pilipinas Shell Country Chairman Edgar Chua said. “We would like to congratulate the Philippine Government for this milestone in the local fuels industry,” he further added.

Pilipinas Shell tapped on this global experience & leadership, allowing it to be the first major oil company in the Philippines to launch its ethanol blended gasoline, Shell Super Unleaded E10, in May 2006. Today, Pilipinas Shell continues to leverage on their experience to support the government’s mandate of having a minimum one percent biodiesel blend in all its diesel engine fuels sold in the country. It is because of its experience, knowledge, technical innovation and leadership in biofuels that Shell’s biofuels customers around the world have come to consistently trust Shell.

Shell Diesoline Ultra with biodiesel is now available for motorists at Shell Stations nationwide.

http://www.shell.com/home/content/ph...uels_0507.html

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Really?... Its because I asked at the nearby Shell station if their diesel is the one with biodiesel mixed... they said, "wala pa biodiesel yung diesel namin".
    hehe.. baka it's just another classic pinoy staff qualities.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Based on what I heard, no gas station is running true 1% blend.

Apparently there is a sub-clause in the law somewhere that states they are allowed to run a MINIMUM of .75% blend.

As I was told, Shell is running .75% blend, Petron .85% blend, they were still testing Caltex and the other stations at the time.

I'll get a hold of my acquaintance and see if they have the updated numbers.

biodiesel