New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Abonohan mo kaya muna bro iyong para sa unit mo,- okay lang ba sa kanila?

Kaysa naman maabala ka pa....

18.5K:mail:

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Abonohan mo kaya muna bro iyong para sa unit mo,- okay lang ba sa kanila?

Kaysa naman maabala ka pa....

18.5K:mail:
    Agree. Since you've shelled out more than .5 million already what is 25k more to avoid further headache. Reimburse na lang sa company mo. And more sure ireklamo mo rin yong tao sa purchasing nyo or sino man naghahandle ng car plans nyo. Actually, Dapat sila gumagawa ng paraan nyan para sa yo.

Likewise, I really wont blame the SA. Di na nya controlled yong issue. Again somebody from your office should have foreseen this from happening. Yon ang dapat masibak.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    I am not blaming the SA. The problem, as I understood it, is that they can not provide the lto database, which other dealers does not have problem with. This requirement will release the 10% retention to them.

Anyway, as a last straw, I've called my SA and gave them until today to provide me a clear & definite delivery date. If not, plan B is in the works.
    HI Bogart most of those guys here in tsikot are either selling cars or sales agents, so you have understand that they have to exenorate the SA. In your case I do believe na kasalanan ng company but partly also of the sales agent. If the sales agent fought for sale then maari niyang magawa ang lahat para ma ideliver on time. In my experience when buying from a dealer you
    ask for the no. 1 Sa dahil the comapny will give the Sa all the leeway because they do not want to lose that Sa to another dealer. Although citimotors really had a bad record & there were so many complaints about them, why not write Mitsubishi here in the Philippines and also in Japan and voice your complaints....a good blog about your experience in every car forum will also help.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    lesson learned, lets not abuse fleet discount if its not for company use. its a privilege for companies who purchase a good number of units from distributors. also, the head of your Finance team should have informed that there is currently a problem with the dealership and your company. lastly, ethical companies do not allow the abuse of fleet discount for personal purchase or making it like an extension of a discount card.

JMHO, with all due respect to the ts.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi MODS, requesting to lock this thread.

Update:

My SA called me and they already cleared all the requirements of their previous deliveries. They can now claim the remaining 10% retention on the previously delivered units.

My SA is now handling the release of my unit, hopefully within the day or latest tomorrow.

Just to set the record straight:
    1. I am not blaiming my SA for whatever inconveniences I have experienced as she is doing the best on her capacity.
    2. I am not complaining, I am only stating the facts on what I have experienced with the dealership.
    3. What I do not understand is why the releasing officer would not want to sign the release order of my "almost fully paid" unit (Company PO + half a million MC). I can only assume that the releasing officer does not want to add my unit to the 10% retention still not paid on the previously delivered units.
    4. It's the dealeship's responsibility to provide the LTO database to my company as a proof that the OR, CR, sticker, plate number are applied before my company will release the 10% retention. Other dealers/ brands offering fleet discounts to my company does not experience this problem on the LTO database.
    5. I felt "hostaged" between the "chicken-and-egg" type of complication between my company and the dealer.

Having said these, hope that this will be a lesson learned for me and as serves a reference for other potential buyers.

Thank you for all your comments, suggestions and what-have-yous!

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hi MODS, requesting to lock this thread.

Update:

My SA called me and they already cleared all the requirements of their previous deliveries. They can now claim the remaining 10% retention on the previously delivered units.

My SA is now handling the release of my unit, hopefully within the day or latest tomorrow.

Just to set the record straight:
    1. I am not blaiming my SA for whatever inconveniences I have experienced as she is doing the best on her capacity.
    2. I am not complaining, I am only stating the facts on what I have experienced with the dealership.
    3. What I do not understand is why the releasing officer would not want to sign the release order of my "almost fully paid" unit (Company PO + half a million MC). I can only assume that the releasing officer does not want to add my unit to the 10% retention still not paid on the previously delivered units.
    4. It's the dealeship's responsibility to provide the LTO database to my company as a proof that the OR, CR, sticker, plate number are applied before my company will release the 10% retention. Other dealers/ brands offering fleet discounts to my company does not experience this problem on the LTO database.
    5. I felt "hostaged" between the "chicken-and-egg" type of complication between my company and the dealer.

Having said these, hope that this will be a lesson learned for me and as serves a reference for other potential buyers.

Thank you for all your comments, suggestions and what-have-yous!

good to know your problem was sorted out. i firmly believe it was unfair for Citmotors Makati this time to be blamed for the incident or be the cause of your rant. given that it is between your company and Citimotors, I standby what I said earlier that the fleet discount was intended for "business" use so to speak. also, the after effect of the delay can not be blamed to Citimotors again due to the fact that they are not privy or even a party to your engagements on the day of the scheduled release (given that there was no unreleased retention) from your company. your Finance group should have forewarned you about the pending status. i hope that before the thread will be locked, title of the thread should be changed i .e. how my own company ___________ messed up my schedule etc etc.....

yes, Citimotors has its own share of bad customer service but this one should never be included. in fact, the fleet discount was abused IMHO.

more power to all!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Just ranting out! Apologies for a long story..

I decided to get a Monterosport from Citimotors Makati since this branch offered fleet discount to our company.

Last Monday, Mar 11, I went their office & gave them more than half a million pesos as full payment for 1 unit Monterosport Glx At. My company already provided them PO since February. The SA & I agreed to deliver the unit on Friday, Mar15, between 3-4pm. This to give them time to prepare the unit & install the usual freebies. That means, 1 week that I will have no car, as I sold my old one on that day as well.

Thursday PM, I got a call from my SA saying that my unit is already prepared but can not be released due to pending 10% retention balance from previous units (around25+) that they can not get from my company. I think this retention is for the LTO or/cr processing/ registration.

I told my SA to work it out internally with their company, since I am not involved in the negotiation & being fully paid, is expecting delivery as committed.

Friday morning got a call from the SA saying their management wants to settle first the 10% retention of the previous delivered units before they will release my unit. We had a series of discussions where I am telling her that I am still expecting delivery before 5pm, I can not understand why I am being held 'hostage' to our company's problems.

5pm came & still no delivery, I decided to email our purchasing to cancel the PO and told my SA to return the full payment to me on Monday, Mar 18.

I was very frustrated & pissed off as I missed a lot due to the non-delivery:
    1. My friend missed his flight to Davao on that day as I promised him to drive to the airport wih my new car.
    2. My daughter missed attending her classmate's birthday as I can not fetch her after the party.
    3. I missed the opportunity to surprise my wife on that night by bringing home a new car.
    4. My daughter almost came in late this morning at her PE finals in UP. Imagine waiting for a cab at 430am to bring us from Las Pinas to Diliman.
    5. I had to beg off playing golf with my friends this afternoon.

Citimotors Makati really made my worst week-end so far...
    I am greatly disappointed by how unprofessional this certain Cherry Tapallas is. Monday morning, I came and waited for someone to see my car and get a quotation for the parts that were damaged caused by a motorbike hitting my car behind. When she inspected my car, she didn't seem to be bothered by the poor lighting and I trusted that she would be able to see all the damages -- she mentioned the bumper needed to be replaced and a paint job for the scratch on the trunk, but failed to notice that there was a small dent on the trunk, which I was able to see the next day when I re-inspected my car for damages. She then went ahead and sent the quotation to the other party (person who hit my car) without cc'ing me despite my request to include me in all her emails to them as I want to be in the loop and know everything that is happening. She promised to send the quotation within the day without even asking where to send it -- I had to ask her how will she know where to send the quotation. While I was at the Insurance Department, I spoke to a lady named Sasha about acquiring a Certificate of No Claim. She said she will have it ready in two days, contrary to what this Cherry Tapallas told me that it was not possible to get the said certificate as I only have Compulsory Third-Party Liability. While in Sasha' office, I sent her an email to make sure she has my email address. I called her direct line multiple times after waiting all afternoon, and when I was able to finally speak to her past the office hours, she said she was going to send the quotation before leaving the office. Again, I waited and there was no email. So I called again the next day, multiple times, was put on hold for a long time, and finally was able to get a hold of Cherry. I told her about the small dent that I discovered, and she said she will resend a revised quotation to me and to the other party. Hours later and I have not received any email.I called AGAIN and she said she was currently sending the email. Obviously, I still haven't received any email containing the quotation I have requested on Monday. I don't understand how sending an email could take so much time. It is just so frustrating when you wait for something because you were told that it would come at a certain time but it doesn't. I even explained my situation as to why I was hoping to get the quotation right away. So upsetting!!!!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherj View Post
    I am greatly disappointed by how unprofessional this certain Cherry Tapallas is. Monday morning, I came and waited for someone to see my car and get a quotation for the parts that were damaged caused by a motorbike hitting my car behind. When she inspected my car, she didn't seem to be bothered by the poor lighting and I trusted that she would be able to see all the damages -- she mentioned the bumper needed to be replaced and a paint job for the scratch on the trunk, but failed to notice that there was a small dent on the trunk, which I was able to see the next day when I re-inspected my car for damages. She then went ahead and sent the quotation to the other party (person who hit my car) without cc'ing me despite my request to include me in all her emails to them as I want to be in the loop and know everything that is happening. She promised to send the quotation within the day without even asking where to send it -- I had to ask her how will she know where to send the quotation. While I was at the Insurance Department, I spoke to a lady named Sasha about acquiring a Certificate of No Claim. She said she will have it ready in two days, contrary to what this Cherry Tapallas told me that it was not possible to get the said certificate as I only have Compulsory Third-Party Liability. While in Sasha' office, I sent her an email to make sure she has my email address. I called her direct line multiple times after waiting all afternoon, and when I was able to finally speak to her past the office hours, she said she was going to send the quotation before leaving the office. Again, I waited and there was no email. So I called again the next day, multiple times, was put on hold for a long time, and finally was able to get a hold of Cherry. I told her about the small dent that I discovered, and she said she will resend a revised quotation to me and to the other party. Hours later and I have not received any email.I called AGAIN and she said she was currently sending the email. Obviously, I still haven't received any email containing the quotation I have requested on Monday. I don't understand how sending an email could take so much time. It is just so frustrating when you wait for something because you were told that it would come at a certain time but it doesn't. I even explained my situation as to why I was hoping to get the quotation right away. So upsetting!!!!

Same here, had a bad experience with this Cherry Ann Tapallas. September 29 of last year, my Mitsubishi Lancer got involved in a traffic accident . The insurance claim with Mapfre was filed on November 15 and this was coursed through Cherry, who was one of the Service Advisors. She told me that she will facilitate the said claim and eventually the repair of the unit. On December 16, Mapfre released the LOA (Letter of Authorization) and have forwarded the same to Cherry. Since it was already nearing the Christmas break, I am no longer expecting for my unit to be repaired during that period. Maybe it will be scheduled for this year, 2017.

January 14, 2017, I texted Cherry to inquire on when can I bring the unit to CitiMotors Makati for repair and she told me that the parts to be replaced are not yet available. This was fine. I made my followup again on February 23, 2017 and Cherry told me that the parts would arrived that night so I was expecting that any moment my unit will now be brought for service. But days and weeks have passed and no call , nor text was received from Cherry Ann Tapallas. Last month, I called Cherry Ann in her office phone number to personally ask the status of this repair and I was surprised (and only to find out) that the LH RR DOOR PANEL that was delivered has dent on it and needs to do a "back order". I asked for the timeline and Cherry told me that she will make a followup with the plant. Days, weeks and months have passed and until now, no update was received from her.

I checked the provisions of the LOA issued by Mapfre and it was no longer valid as it was only good for 30 days from the date of issuance. So, having said that, the LOA "expired" without having my vehicle got repaired. Sorry for the long rant but it was just so upsetting!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12