New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Any idea?
    This can cut at 3-5% on our FC.
    Lalo na kung lagi tayo nadaan sa mga expressway.
    Or above 60kph perhaps...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    LOL. You're just going to waste money in the process. Best thing to do to save fuel are the ff:

1. Loose useless crap inside your van that contributes to the total load of the car.
    2. Shift as early as possible, but not to the point that your engine will vibrate.
    3. Leave your home early to avoid traffic.
    4. Avoid jack-rabbit starts.
    5. Put A/C to lowest level. Or yet, don't use it. But don't open the windows too if you do this. Kasi more drag.
    6. Of course, avoid driving fast. Max on highway is 70-80kph on highest gear

... and the thing about this is, everything is actually FREE. You just need some determination and of course patience kasi nga mabagal takbo mo ...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Aero-mods are very incremental. To see such a big difference, you'll have to do a lot of things. Flat undertray, air-directing vanes in front of the wheel wells, a properly designed rear spoiler to direct air away from the turbulence zone behind the rear glass...

Or... you could simply stick to a strict 60-80 km/h speed limit and save yourself a ton of fuel without spending any money.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lan0520 View Post
    Any idea?
    This can cut at 3-5% on our FC.
    Lalo na kung lagi tayo nadaan sa mga expressway.
    Or above 60kph perhaps...
    Passenger vans are pretty much as aero-efficient as you can get.

Delivery or cargo vans can benefit from simple aero-aids like wind deflectors over the cab to deflect air around the cargo van's rear.

example:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Put a huge spoiler in the back and add kits. :rofl:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    70-80 kph speed more frugal? funny, cause my FC is better when i'm doing mostly 120-140kph.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this aerodynamic sh!t for van is the result of watching too much pimp my ride shows.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    70-80 kph speed more frugal? funny, cause my FC is better when i'm doing mostly 120-140kph.
    What car? Nothing is more efficient at 120 than at 70-80, as long as you're not lugging the engine in top gear at 80.

Even a 6-liter V8 Corvette can hit in excess of 16 km/l if you drive it at a steady 80 km/h. My best record in the Crosswind is about 16 km/l+ on the SLEX at a cruise-controlled 70 km/h. (done with the idle adjust) Lynx is also around 16 km/l, 80-100 km/h on the NLEX. At a stead 120 km/h, that's down to 12 km/l. At 140, 10 km/l. (Yeah, I drove a lot up north back then)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jave View Post
    Put a huge spoiler in the back and add kits. :rofl:

30km/l na yan. :hysterical:

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Bumili na pala ng van si Batman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Aerodynamic our vans?