New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hello mitsu peeps. Have always fancied GSRs and am now on the look out for a good example to keep and play with. What should a 2nd hand GSR hunter look out for for? What are the red flags? Signals of a bad buy vs a good buy. What are the obvious things to look out for and any notes for listening to engine or even looking at the body.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Hello mitsu peeps. Have always fancied GSRs and am now on the look out for a good example to keep and play with. What should a 2nd hand GSR hunter look out for for? What are the red flags? Signals of a bad buy vs a good buy. What are the obvious things to look out for and any notes for listening to engine or even looking at the body.
    Basic

1. Walang puting usok na lumalabas.
    2. If you know where the engine supports are placed, check if cracked or not. Kaso yung sa ilalim di mo makikita.
    3. Clean engine, walang tagas ng mga oils.

Best is to test drive. Dapat smooth ang shifting ng gear, hindi kumakadyot from primera to segunda.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    +1 to what mey0r said.

check for any leaks.
    also as soon as you get the car, replace the belts and liquids whether may tama or wala. shameless plug: my sister's selling her GSR corsica yellow top-of-the-line (limited edition). if you're interested, just PM me.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    +1 to what mey0r said.

check for any leaks.
    also as soon as you get the car, replace the belts and liquids whether may tama or wala. shameless plug: my sister's selling her GSR corsica yellow top-of-the-line (limited edition). if you're interested, just PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by migs0624 View Post
    +1 to what mey0r said.

check for any leaks.
    YGPM

Thanks for the tips. Was looking also for some "flaws" of the breed if anyone has heard of any. Cause some models and some marques have their quirks. Or even inherent "flaws". Or if not inherent some that actually seem common.

Advice for someone looking for a 97-02 GSR