New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    yung 10-12km/l ko city driving here in manila po yun. kaya may range kasi minsan kapag napapatakbo ng sobrang bilis ayun medyo malakas sa ang kain ng fuel.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How do you guys compute for your KM/L pala? Do you do this every gas-up? Or at certain times?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    first they get a full tank. then they reset the resettable odometer. then they use their cars normally until the gas gauge reaches more or less the midpoint. then they get a full tank again taking note of the # of liters of fuel that was pumped in to reach full tank. you can then compute your mileage in km/liter by dividing the distance travelled (as per the resettable odometer) by the # of liters pumped in.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    hmmm. any actual adventure gas owners here? what's your mileage? really need your help in deciding which to buy (gas or diesel version).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanne
    first they get a full tank. then they reset the resettable odometer. then they use their cars normally until the gas gauge reaches more or less the midpoint. then they get a full tank again taking note of the # of liters of fuel that was pumped in to reach full tank. you can then compute your mileage in km/liter by dividing the distance travelled (as per the resettable odometer) by the # of liters pumped in.
    Ok thanks. I'm just checking if what I'm doing is the same as everyone else.
    But most of the time I wait until the tank is around 1/4 or 1/5 before doing a full tank.

Anyways, my ride is a 1999 Adventure Sport. Mileage is nearing 80K.
    I have been faithfully recording my fuel mileage ever since 1999. Missed around 10 records (either nawala ang recibo or some else filled up the tank or someone fooled around with the odo reset switch).

The highest I went was 13.029km/l. The lowest was 7.47km/l (ayan kasi hataw ng hataw feeling eroplano)
    Average currently as of last month (with 183 trips to the gas station, combination of city/provincial driving) is 9.006268 km/l

BTW, Almost 95% of the fuel is from Shell, the rest is either Petron or Caltex.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanne
    hmmm. any actual adventure gas owners here? what's your mileage? really need your help in deciding which to buy (gas or diesel version).
    hi, i've got an 05 na gasoline model. i get 7-8kms/liter mixed city and highway driving. but i always rev past 3k and usually hit almost redline pag-ginaganahan. i think if i shift at 2k i'd get something like 8-9kms/liter or even better na mixed highway and city driving

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    thanks trx. so, mukhang the gas version really is about 7-9 km/liter typical. I think normal lang ito given that it is a 2.0L gas engine. My 1.6L Lancer is about 10-12 km/liter so the 7-9 on the 2.0L is acceptable.

At any rate, diesel na yung choice ko. Hopefully, the diesel mileage will save me money in the long run. Pataas ng pataas ang fuel prices. Grabe talaga !!!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    2003 GLS Sport 20t km pa lang.
    teka hindi ba masama matigil ng matagal ang adventure ko na walang gumagamit?
    nung magbakasyon kasi ako sagad sagaran ang gamit nya as in for 10 days I consumed 5T km.
    10km/l ang consumption.
    from batangas nag full tank ako going to subic. naground ng konti sa subic then uwi kinabukasan. then don na ulit ako nagpakarga sa batangas.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    mk, diesel yung gls sport mo?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    mine is 2005 gls sport limited edition (gas) with rear spoiler/3rd brake light and DVD complete entertainment showcase, 3T km pa lang, typical na talaga yun 7-9 km/li with the 2.0 engine mapa city or long distance driving. OK na ako with GAS dahil di naman nagkakalayo ang price na ng diesel at Gasolina. in the long run sum mo operational at repair expenses mas matipid na dahil di na kailangan ang calibration which masyado ng mahal sa mga makina ng diesel sa ngayon.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Which adventure do you have? And what mileage do you get?