New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi! The ABS speed sensor (front right wheel) of my 2008 mitsubishi outlander (A/T) broke. While Citimotors is waiting for the arrival of the replacement part, I was advised that I can still use the vehicle without the said ABS speed sensor. However, a couple of days after, I have noticed that the engine jerks every time the accelerator is released. The jerk action seems to occur when the vehicle changes gear. Since I am not knowledgeable about mechanical matters, may I know from you guys if the ABS sensor has a connection with the jerk action of the engine? The service adviser said that he and his supervisor do not see a connection but would like to install the replacement sensor first before they check the engine's jerk action.

I had this experience before (jerk action) with my Mitsubishi Galant and the cause was the transmission. Hence, I'm a little bit worried with my Outlander.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I had a problem with my speed sensor too before. But its only the sensor on the computer part that has nothing to do with the front wheel or anything. Or that's what I thought. After a month my speed sensor was replaced without noticing any problem.

Is the jerk you feel noticable? Wala kasi ako naramdaman nung nasira yung sensor ko e? malakas ba or baka meron sa akin di ko lang naramdaman.

Better bring it to the casa to have your problem checked. Please keep me updated.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Medyo malakas. It's noticeable right after I release my foot from the gas pedal after acceleration. Hindi kaya may problem yung transmission? I was thinking nga baka lemon car itong nabili ko. :-(

I am on my 3rd week waiting for the parts to arrive. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for responding to my inquiry.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Under warranty pa naman yung kotse niyo e. Ibalik niyo na sa casa.
    Parang ang daming sakit ng outlander? In one forum puro problema din yung ABS sensor.

you can also visit these forums http://s1.zetaboards.com/CLUBOUTLANDERPH/index/ and www.mitsubishiforum.com for further reading regarding our outlander. Dami ko rin natutunan at nasolve diyan.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Hi vmark, I have the same problem with my left front wheel speed/abs sensor, could you please let me know the part number of the sensor? also do you know where to buy it online?

Thanks.

ABS Speed Sensor (Outlander)