New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Guys, I am in the process of buying a GLS sport adventure within the next two weeks. however, I am still double-minded on whether I will get the gas version or the diesel version. The gas version is 775,000 and the diesel version is just 10,000 pesos more.

Diesel mileage looks very good (11-13 km/liter). Gas mileage according to most Macoys is bad (7-9 km/liter). So far, nobody has discussed over-all maintenance cost comparison between D and G.

The gas version uses the Galant 2.0L engine thus a more car-like performance is expected here.

Also, I would like to know if the Mitsu diesel engine is noisy, "mausok" and ma-vibrate. Is the noise, usok and vibration tolerable with the diesel version?

Mga Macoys, I would really appreciate if you can share your experiences with your Adventure and help out a fellow-tsikoteer and a future Macoy like me. Thanks very much.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa mahal ng gas ngayon, diesel na.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Gasoline Adventures have the advantage of lower retail price, lighter weight and higher acceleration. But diesel Adventures have more pull, more durable engines, less parts to replace and (relatively) cheaper fuel.

As far as noise and vibration are concerned, rest assured that the diesel-powered Adventures are very much tolerable. I myself drive a diesel Adventure. If it's of any help, an officemate of mine got to ride in it, at bilib na bilib siya sa quietness ng makina. Parang hindi raw diesel.

As for smoke, I believe that the Adventure units from 2004 onward are already Euro compliant in terms of emissions. Tsaka basta religious ang maintenance schedule mo, ayos lang ang buga.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; August 12th, 2005 at 04:13 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    thanks, happy gilmore and bogeyman. I really appreciate your inputs. mukhang mananalo ang diesel dito.... =)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    keep those inputs coming...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Also, since the 4D56 diesel engine has been in use from way back, a lot of mechanics are already familiar with it. And parts are readily available, too.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The reason why I chose the diesel version is because of the reason why I got the adventure in the first place, to carry stuff and people around. Fuel savings and maintenance are a close second.

I am not convinced of the carrying and pulling power of the gas version. In the long run, baka uusok at masira yan.

In terms of vibrations, the 4d56 has the least amount of vibrations compared to the other diesel auvs, with the hilander being the shakiest of them all.

In terms of usok, an ill-maintained 4d56 WILL spew out smoke like a mad angry dragon. (kaya pinagtritripan ng mga MMDA ang mga L300s na di inaalagaan). Take note, poorly maintained. A 4d56 treated with TLC will produce unnoticable smoke and pollution.

The diesel engine is also easier to maintain, and a lot of mechanics are familiar with the 4d56, as bogeyman stated. It may be and old design dating to the 1980s but it is ONE HECK OF A RELIABLE ENGINE.

As for floods, diesels are more resilient than gas engines. Part of the advantage of an Adventure is its high ground clearance, and the diesel version is resistant to stalling in floods.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    thanks dieseler. mukhang diesel na talaga. good thing di ko pa nabili. sabi ng dealer ko, available immediately daw ang diesel gls sport (color black). excited na ako...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Also, since the 4D56 diesel engine has been in use from way back, a lot of mechanics are already familiar with it. And parts are readily available, too.

well said,,, pero and downside nga lang sa 4d56 eh yung horsepower nya medyo huli na saya sa mga rival nya like crosswind at innova.... you must have more patient in accelerating your ride.

10. FrankDrebin Guest
    Diesel for me if you're after for practical use. :D

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Gas Or Diesel Adventure ? Need your help !