New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Guys, help nman po.

What can u say bout dis ride(a '96 Mitsu Spacewagon)????

Would really appreciate ur reactions.

TIA.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    hello sir,

I presume that the 1996 Space Wagon you mentioned is two-tone and it has the 1.8 16V SOHC engine that has the ECI-Multi over the first edition's carburetted version. This 2nd edition was launched in mid-1995 with the A/T option offered in late 1996.

I regularly drive a 1997 Space Wagon A/T. My parents and I are quite attached to that car actually because of the creature comforts and the convenience of seating 7 with the 3rd to unfold whenever you need it. Our problem with it right now is just the scratches on it since my parents still wants to drive to get themselves and their old age sometimes gives them minor miscalculations whenever they maneuver. Also my aircon from Sanden needs lubrication- medyo maingay na kasi.

As for maintenance, PMS is every 5,000kms with regular Mitsubishi Engine Oil and Filter replacement. My next agenda is to change the ATF since it has been with the car for about 30,000++kms already and it smells burnt- im saving up for that.

Other than that my SW has remained trouble free!

HTH.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks sir. Yup, its a two-toned spacewagon but manual tranny. about sa engine, wala po kc me alam about sa engine ng spacewagon. But now i know, thanks to u. Sir, how about s gas consumption and maintainance?ok lang po b?

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart_seph View Post
    Thanks sir. Yup, its a two-toned spacewagon but manual tranny. about sa engine, wala po kc me alam about sa engine ng spacewagon. But now i know, thanks to u. Sir, how about s gas consumption and maintainance?ok lang po b?
    Maintenance is still ok, sir. Like any car, Have the it checked every 5,000kms either at the casa or outside- what is important is the oil change. Check your suspension and steering components- in case of ANY knocking sound/kalampag, then by all means, have that checked as well...

i regularly have 6.5-7.5km/liter for gas consumption. my SW goes up the hills of Baguio kasi. but if you are based in the lowlands, im pretty sure it will be a bit better.

Engine code for the SW is 4G93- same engine family that powers the Lancer 1.6 GLXi, GLS, MX, GSR (4G92) '93-'96/'97-'02

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    Maintenance is still ok, sir. Like any car, Have the it checked every 5,000kms either at the casa or outside- what is important is the oil change. Check your suspension and steering components- in case of ANY knocking sound/kalampag, then by all means, have that checked as well...

i regularly have 6.5-7.5km/liter for gas consumption. my SW goes up the hills of Baguio kasi. but if you are based in the lowlands, im pretty sure it will be a bit better.

Engine code for the SW is 4G93- same engine family that powers the Lancer 1.6 GLXi, GLS, MX, GSR (4G92) '93-'96/'97-'02

i just got a service vehicle, a 1997 spacewagon A/T. i just had its interior detailed...pinapakiramdaman ko pa kung anu-ano ang dapt ipaayos...meron umiingay sa steering wheel (ang unang suspicion ay rack and pinion)..then meron paran lumalagatok sa left rear wheel area pag mag accelerate (ang suspicion ay bushing)...then, walang takip yun container ng ATF!

pwede pa ba itong vehicle na ipatingin/ipaayos sa casa? (hwag na muna mag react why sa casa e meron naman mga repair shops na pwede pagdalhan...hehehe). gusto ko lang malaman kung ang ganiton 1997 model ay pwede pa ipasok sa casa...tatanggapin pa kaya? thanks

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by silver streak View Post
    gusto ko lang malaman kung ang ganiton 1997 model ay pwede pa ipasok sa casa...tatanggapin pa kaya? thanks
    bakit naman hindi?. . .i even see older models being serviced at the casa

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    yep... and they should not discriminate... Im having my SW serviced at Motorplaza.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post

ah oki...akala ko yun mga medyo new lang...sana maalis nila yun ingay sa underchassis..at yun ingay sa steering wheel...btw, dahil luma na rin at hindi yata inalagaan ng driver, hayun nawala ang takip ng lagayan ng ATF! linoveran lang ng plastic..tsk tsk tsk...

tsaka nga pala, ano maganda replacement na aircleaner for this 1997 SW 'matic?

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by silver streak View Post
    ah oki...akala ko yun mga medyo new lang...sana maalis nila yun ingay sa underchassis..at yun ingay sa steering wheel...btw, dahil luma na rin at hindi yata inalagaan ng driver, hayun nawala ang takip ng lagayan ng ATF! linoveran lang ng plastic..tsk tsk tsk...

tsaka nga pala, ano maganda replacement na aircleaner for this 1997 SW 'matic?
    Im pretty sure they can help you since they have the workshop manuals for the SW. I only minor bushing problems with my suspension. Yung ingay ba sa steering is like a knocking sound? im starting to have this problem too... My i know the current mileage of your SW? mine is already at 113,000++

As much as possible, i use the genuine Air Filter element as well as
    Oil Filters.

Meet my SW... her name is Beth!
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; July 17th, 2009 at 05:10 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I only minor bushing problems with my suspension. Yung ingay ba sa steering is like a knocking sound? im starting to have this problem too... My i know the current mileage of your SW? mine is already at 113,000++

As much as possible, i use the genuine Air Filter element as well as
    Oil Filters.

Meet my SW... her name is Beth!
    [/quote]

kilometer reading is 172928...
    hindi naman knocking sound yun sa steering wheel...hindi ko ma-describe, pero hindi knocking sound.

female name pinili mo? hmmmm...are you female?
    i call mine "spacey" ... (ah...sa male gender)...hehehe
    ito nga ay walang element yun air cleaner! grabe....marami-rami pa ipapaayos and hopefully maayos naman, especially yun mga ingay...

hows the fuel consumption of your SW?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
'96 spacewagon