New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    hello everyone!

I own a 2nd gen 1998 pajero. its 4x4 manual. I think i'm running into serious mechanical problems because the front wheels in the 4x4 indicator on the dash blinks. And also (while blinking even if it seems properly pulled to 2wd) i feel a change in the steering and the pull of the paj. there are weird friction sounds coming from somewhere too.
    I feel a loss in power for around 2 to 5 seconds then the problem goes away for a while then comes back again.

Has anyone ever experienced the blinking 4x4 indicator before?

Its not alagang casa anymore, i just have talyer working on it when it has problems. Just wanted to ask for your input first before i show it to a mechanic.

Thanks in advance. Info and expert advice is most welcome sirs!

Drew

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    drywalldiaz, i too have the same problem with my paj, it is a 2000 model fm, i once brought the issue to the mitsubishi pajero forum and i received a reply to check the hoses that connect the fwd with the transmission, better check that first. in my paj, the hoses are intact and have brought it to several mechanics and their verdict, is to bring it to the casa. in the meantime, i disconnected the the power line between the fwd and the transmission that will prevent it to switch. so no 4x4 ako temporarily as i lok for other options. problema sa casa, it might take them 2 to 3 days to get it fixed but surely this is only a minor problem - the fwd is trying to engage itself even if you do not want it to. i hope you share how you get this fixed sir. for me disconnect muna as i need the car everyday. the thing is prevent it from engaging so you can use it worry free. regards

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by drywalldiaz View Post
    hello everyone!

I own a 2nd gen 1998 pajero. its 4x4 manual. I think i'm running into serious mechanical problems because the front wheels in the 4x4 indicator on the dash blinks. And also (while blinking even if it seems properly pulled to 2wd) i feel a change in the steering and the pull of the paj. there are weird friction sounds coming from somewhere too.
    I feel a loss in power for around 2 to 5 seconds then the problem goes away for a while then comes back again.

Has anyone ever experienced the blinking 4x4 indicator before?

Its not alagang casa anymore, i just have talyer working on it when it has problems. Just wanted to ask for your input first before i show it to a mechanic.

Thanks in advance. Info and expert advice is most welcome sirs!

Drew
    Quote Originally Posted by pr462 View Post
    drywalldiaz, i too have the same problem with my paj, it is a 2000 model fm, i once brought the issue to the mitsubishi pajero forum and i received a reply to check the hoses that connect the fwd with the transmission, better check that first. in my paj, the hoses are intact and have brought it to several mechanics and their verdict, is to bring it to the casa. in the meantime, i disconnected the the power line between the fwd and the transmission that will prevent it to switch. so no 4x4 ako temporarily as i lok for other options. problema sa casa, it might take them 2 to 3 days to get it fixed but surely this is only a minor problem - the fwd is trying to engage itself even if you do not want it to. i hope you share how you get this fixed sir. for me disconnect muna as i need the car everyday. the thing is prevent it from engaging so you can use it worry free. regards

google is your friend

this might help.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    ah google IS our friend. Thanks crazyboy.

pr462, looks like its a dreaded sickness like cancer pala, it happens talaga this 4x4 problem. If the mechanic says its going to cost a big sum of money i might have to do what you did until the next paycheck/ budget for my paj haha. Did you disconnect the powerline yourself sir?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008

pr462, looks like its a dreaded sickness like cancer pala, it happens talaga this 4x4 problem. If the mechanic says its going to cost a big sum of money i might have to do what you did until the next paycheck/ budget for my paj haha. Did you disconnect the powerline yourself sir?

if you will read the link, nandun na yung DIY fix.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010

- try to copy paste and the print the link given by CB. pakita mo sa mechanic para may idea din sila if hindi sa casa yan ipapagawa. For the mean time, try mo muna gamitan ng electric contact celaner yung actuator na colored blue and yellow as also mentioned before sa thread ng subic pajeros. Hopes that will fix it. DIY na at mura lang.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    CB, RY Tower, thanks for sending the link, ito yung hinahanap ko noon hindi ko makita,this is more detailed. baka contact cleaner lang katapat. thanks

4x4 indicator blinking and actual problems