New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    That's what you would call third world problems. Gusto nila diesel para kahit papano tatakbo parin sila sa baha. Kaya yung mga mauusok na jeepneys diyan never nang mawawala yan sa mga bulok na kalsada ng las islas filipinas. But then again, what do you expect here when there are other richer nations that can give better hope.
    i'd go gasoline if not for the floods.
    had i been driving my gasoline vehicle the other week,
    malamang ay hindi nako naka-uwi that night.

if vehicle safety and anti-pollution were the government's objective,
    they should set even higher standards for our public utility vehicles.
    instead, they give them a free pass.
    "license to pollute" and "license to endanger".
    Last edited by dr. d; August 13th, 2021 at 12:03 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    Old school diesel engines lang pwede mo ilusong sa baha. old school diesel does not have have the electricals commonly found on petrol engines. (you normally cut-off the air intake to turn off the engine). only issue you have to worry about is kung mabasa terminals ng starter.

Pero since modern diesels now have computer boxes, may limit na din yung lusong mo sa baha.

One more thing, diesel vs petrol sa baha. since the diesel engine is normally bigger than their petrol counterparts, you also get a higher pressure of smoke coming out of the muffler. hence, higher chance of success sa baha.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014

if vehicle safety and anti-pollution were the government's objective,
    they should set even higher standards for our public utility vehicles.
    instead, they give them a free pass.
    "license to pollute" and "license to endanger".
    Kung pollution lang naman dr., umm ewan ko lang. Alam naman kasi ng karamihan na matagal nang pinabayaan ang kalikasan ng pinas hanggang sa nasanay na ang mga noypi diyan. Pero kung titingnan niyo sa malaking larawan, bakit walang kuwenta daw ang ginagawang dolomite beach sa manila bay? Siguro anti-pollution yun kaso may mga nagrereklamo na sayang lang pera diba.

Ang punto ko lang, baka naman pag gumawa na sila ng hakbang para jan sa tinatawag na anti-pollution sa mga makina ng mga bagong modelo ay baka tuloy na kaliwa't-kanan na pagpuna nanaman ulet ang manggagaling sa mga mamamayan.

Anyway huwag na iyon tuloy na tatalakayin rito kase panget lang magiging patutunguan ng mga ganitong usapin. Kaya btt nalang po tayo.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Old school diesel engines lang pwede mo ilusong sa baha. old school diesel does not have have the electricals commonly found on petrol engines. (you normally cut-off the air intake to turn off the engine). only issue you have to worry about is kung mabasa terminals ng starter.

Pero since modern diesels now have computer boxes, may limit na din yung lusong mo sa baha.

One more thing, diesel vs petrol sa baha. since the diesel engine is normally bigger than their petrol counterparts, you also get a higher pressure of smoke coming out of the muffler. hence, higher chance of success sa baha.
    But ppvs and similar rugged suvs usually have advertised wading capacity of at least 700mm. I'm not so sure sa crossovers pero kung meron man, baka below 500mm lang. Although useful lang yan sa floody areas during rainy seasons. Yet it's one of the reasons why mas common sila rito than cuvs.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    a former President did precisely that: rationalize the so-called fuel of the masses, to the detriment of gasoline.
    our air would probably be cleaner now, had gasoline been the favored child instead.
    cleaning up nature isn't cheap.

i wonder,
    does anyone have figures on air cleanliness now, vis a vis pandemic lockdown, compared to air from three years ago?
    Climate report must be 'death knell' for fossil fuels: UN chief - France 24

[emoji51]

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    But ppvs and similar rugged suvs usually have advertised wading capacity of at least 700mm. I'm not so sure sa crossovers pero kung meron man, baka below 500mm lang. Although useful lang yan sa floody areas during rainy seasons. Yet it's one of the reasons why mas common sila rito than cuvs.
    based on my personal experience.

it's basically how high is the starter from the ground (yes, i've burned a couple during college thanks to Espana)

for cars with a lot of electronics. you can also start to panic when the engine fan starts hitting the water as it will start to spray water all over the engine bay.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    based on my personal experience.

it's basically how high is the starter from the ground (yes, i've burned a couple during college thanks to Espana)

for cars with a lot of electronics. you can also start to panic when the engine fan starts hitting the water as it will start to spray water all over the engine bay.
    Ya good points. But for diesels, usually puro common rail na talaga. Unless archaic model like the lc70 (tho crdi also na ata yung 1vd niya) or the former l300 with the mighty 4d56 engine kaya yes. They have become more vulnerable na than before but still fare better than petrols in this aspect.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ... only if they hear the bell and heed it...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kung yung tubig baha is just half the height of your vehicle’s tires, then that would be just fine. Gas or diesel man yan sasakyan mo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ^agree, normally yung starter is a bit higher than the vehicle's floor

so only issue will be the fan

one more thing, college days, linagay ko yung air intake sa ilalim ng grill. big mistake

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
4th Gen Montero Sport (2023)