New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    MMPC attributed the robust sales performance to the strong consumer demand for its Montero Sport, Strada pick-up and locally manufactured models such as the Adventure and L300.
    Part shortages really hurting the erstwhile leader of the pack...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wonder how many of those sales are L300s...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    congratulations to mitsubishi.

again, i remember when the fortuner was selling like hotcakes. waiting time was over 2 months! and you can get ahead of the queue if you opt for the premium DVD package.

now look at mitsubishi's approach. whoever's calling the shots must have metal kahunas. he estimates the future orders, and hauls in a whole slew of inventory. hence, waiting time was less than a month. (mine was less than a week.) it's a sellers' market, and mitsubishi knows how to seize the moment. (then again, it is a big gamble. they've got a lot of money locked up in inventory. toyota, for their part and to be fair to them, is known for their "just in time" philosophy.)

besides, the montero sport is such a good product that it sells itself. i remember not too long ago how the japanese dethroned american cars. american cars are notorious for offering to the consumer what they think the consumer should want. japanese cars, on the other hand, ask the consumers what they want, and then offer these to them.

recently however, things have gone a little off. i've always been a honda guy but the 2nd gen and 3rd gen crv's are basically disappointing, and at some point between the EK and the ES, honda suddenly decided to drop their sporting pedigree. what happened to the double wishbones? as for mitsubishi, they're read the market spot on. a tall diesel-powered A/T vehicle. use the tried and tested 4D56 and put DID and a VGT on it. and, oh, make the suspension actually ride-able. and to make things simply irresistible, lets price it competitively. net result: market leadership.

watch out though. korea's taking notes.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Congrats Mitsubishi...wootwoot!!!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    The Montero Sport and the Strada really carried MMC to the number 1 spot no doubt. The demand for real solid Off-roaders and above average suspsension in its class really beat other products out there. With great price to feature ratio, I think a lot of people especially in the provinces will be lining up for such products. I just really hope that they maintain product quality especially amidst the issues concerning black smoke in the newer models and sudden acceleration (which i think was a driver error).

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Wonder how many of those sales are L300s...
    He he. We got one here. Good thing Mitsu is doing great locally, seems to be a little opposite w/ the international market though. :hiya:

Kudos to the men and women of Mitsu Motors Philippines! L300 FB FTW!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    mitsubishi SUVs, pickups, AUVs and vans are going north

mitsubishi cars, on the other hand, are going south

too bad the lancer failed in reclaiming the popularity it once had in the 70s and 80s

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Diba number one back then ang Mitsubishi back in the late 90's (1997-1998)? Do correct me if im wrong. Ito yung nagdislodge sa Toyota noon. Can someone explain this... Thanks!!

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    My take on the Mitsu lineup:

Adventure - I see a lot of new units daily.
    ASX - Selling decently but not to the levels of CR-V, and Tucson
    Eclipse - Soon to be killed. A niche vehicle
    Fuzion - Mas bumenta ang Adventure at ang Innova V kaysa rito!!
    Galant - Executives in the 80's and 90's drive this, but now they're trading them for Camrys and Accords. Soon to be killed
    Grandis - Probably needs a facelift.
    L300 - Oldies but goodies!! (Lol)
    Lancer - Decent sales, but not to the level of it's smaller counterparts
    Lancer EX - Decent sales, but a 1.6-1.8 variant should be available to be a blockbuster hit
    Lancer Evo - A niche car, but you don't expect to sell this in bulk
    Montero Sport - Now everyone wants one
    Pajero - Affluent families buy one
    Strada - More units...

One thing that Mitsubishi lacks, a real subcompact.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Mitsubishi Philippines is No. 1 in May 2011