New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good to hear. Sad though they got Number 1 spot because of the Montero. What people failed to see is that the Lancer is a very good car. Build quality is nice. Engine is nice. Interior is nice. It doesn't really stand out but I would choose this car over the Altis, Focus and Civic.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Good to hear. Sad though they got Number 1 spot because of the Montero. What people failed to see is that the Lancer is a very good car. Build quality is nice. Engine is nice. Interior is nice. It doesn't really stand out but I would choose this car over the Altis, Focus and Civic.
    Kulang nga daw sa 1.6-1.8 liter variat yung Lancer to match or at least make it a viable option vs the competition in view of the fuel consumption concious buyers.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    bring back the colt and price it reasonably

i loved driving that small car back in the 80s, very spacious for its size

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    congratulations to mitsubishi.

again, i remember when the fortuner was selling like hotcakes. waiting time was over 2 months! and you can get ahead of the queue if you opt for the premium DVD package.

now look at mitsubishi's approach. whoever's calling the shots must have metal kahunas. he estimates the future orders, and hauls in a whole slew of inventory. hence, waiting time was less than a month. (mine was less than a week.) it's a sellers' market, and mitsubishi knows how to seize the moment. (then again, it is a big gamble. they've got a lot of money locked up in inventory. toyota, for their part and to be fair to them, is known for their "just in time" philosophy.)

besides, the montero sport is such a good product that it sells itself. i remember not too long ago how the japanese dethroned american cars. american cars are notorious for offering to the consumer what they think the consumer should want. japanese cars, on the other hand, ask the consumers what they want, and then offer these to them.

recently however, things have gone a little off. i've always been a honda guy but the 2nd gen and 3rd gen crv's are basically disappointing, and at some point between the EK and the ES, honda suddenly decided to drop their sporting pedigree. what happened to the double wishbones? as for mitsubishi, they're read the market spot on. a tall diesel-powered A/T vehicle. use the tried and tested 4D56 and put DID and a VGT on it. and, oh, make the suspension actually ride-able. and to make things simply irresistible, lets price it competitively. net result: market leadership.

watch out though. korea's taking notes.
    Nice one, sir!

Congrats to Mitsubishi!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Mitsubishi Philippines is No. 1 in May 2011