New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Possible kaya iyong 2.2L na engine naka-mate pa din sa MT+clutch ng 2.5L na system at hindi kaya power ng 2.2L, may slippage? Same part numer ang clutch disc sa old L300?

Interchangeable kaya sa clutch ng pang Montero Sport?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Possible kaya iyong 2.2L na engine naka-mate pa din sa MT+clutch ng 2.5L na system at hindi kaya power ng 2.2L, may slippage? Same part numer ang clutch disc sa old L300?

I don't know if the same I will ask the mechanic. I think tama ka possible hindi kaya ng clutch yung power ng 2.2L.

at I think high speed and has power, sabi ng Driver if sa primera hindi mo mabitawan clutch may speed and power

unlike sa sa old L300 bitawan mo sa traffic yugn primera or segunda still slow response.

also pag reverse need mo pigilan ng clutch kasi may speed and power yung 2.2 L engine.

Kaya on modern engines like sa Innova or Montero ( don't know if may manual) if buy ako I think better to get AT.

I have a friend 2 yrs old pa lang innova 2.8L manual. Sliding clutch agad. Again cannot blame his driving habits

he used to driving manual cars hindi naman niya nasira.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post
    I don't know if the same I will ask the mechanic. I think tama ka possible hindi kaya ng clutch yung power ng 2.2L.

at I think high speed and has power, sabi ng Driver if sa primera hindi mo mabitawan clutch may speed and power

unlike sa sa old L300 bitawan mo sa traffic yugn primera or segunda still slow response.

also pag reverse need mo pigilan ng clutch kasi may speed and power yung 2.2 L engine.

Kaya on modern engines like sa Innova or Montero ( don't know if may manual) if buy ako I think better to get AT.

I have a friend 2 yrs old pa lang innova 2.8L manual. Sliding clutch agad. Again cannot blame his driving habits

he used to driving manual cars hindi naman niya nasira.
    Maybe the taller gearing is forcing more clutch use ? They are probably deliberately making the clutch the weakest link to protect the transmission. I think the 2.8 in the innova MT is torque-derated specifically due to the limits(i think 366nm is the highest application they offered with an intact warranty) of the r151 transmission.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i wonder,
    from what vehicle were this engine and transmission borrowed from?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post

Mechanic said new L300 2.2 L has the same clutch components as the Old L300 2.5 L.

I hope we get more feedback from Manual Innova and L300.

We have a couple of Isuzu Traviz, Observe ko pa how long the clutch disc will last.

On our company's Isuzu QKR( NKR sa older models) we replaced at 40,000Km in 3 yrs. Still it's too early.

at not kasama sa warranty since its consumable.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post
    Hello po. Buhayin ko itong thread on L300 and to give my experience with the 2020 Mits L300 and

your experiences or insights.

Sa performance better power, speed and response compared to the old 2.5 4d56. considering 2.2 itong

new L300, even better response than the Isuzu traviz.

ang issue niya sa clutch, yung 2020 L300 namin 4x na nababa transmission. for short sliding clutch.

sa old L300 it took more than 8yrs , same use as delivery vans.

We cannot blame the driver , He's been driving for 20 yrs yung old L300 hindi niya nasira clutch for just a short time.

also happened to another L300 that we have. ito naman in 4 yrs 3x. its too early mileage is just 80,000km .

Nangyari rin sa Isuzu delivery van 2020 ng company where I work. Replaced clutch disc etc. with 50km mileage.

Bakit kaya ?

thank you
    well, traffic is worse now than before.
    i imagine, there're more engage-disengage clutch disk movements now than before.
    also, 2.2 versus 2.5. is it possible, the drivers gunned the 2.2 more than they did the 2.5?
    these might explain why its disk wears faster now than before.

i recall,
    decades ago,
    there was big big resort in south luzon,
    the resort was very hill-y, and it used ford fieras to ferry folks from one cottage/venue to another.
    the guy said, they replaced their clutch disks every 6 months or so.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 2nd, 2024 at 10:13 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well, traffic is worse now than before.
    i imagine, there're more engage-disengage clutch disk movements now than before.
    also, 2.2 versus 2.5. is it possible, the drivers gunned the 2.2 more than they did the 2.5?
    these might explain why its disk wears faster now than before.

i recall,
    decades ago,
    there was big big resort in south luzon,
    the resort was very hill-y, and it used ford fieras to ferry folks from one cottage/venue to another.
    the guy said, they replaced their clutch disks every 6 months or so.

Yes the worse traffic and maybe tendency to gun the 2.2 more, the new L300's engine has more torque than

the old 4D56 and Traviz. Driver's feedback it has more power and speed compared to old L300.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12