New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    2014 Light SUV Comparison

Ford EcoSport v Holden Trax v Mitsubishi ASX v Nissan JUKE Comparison

...And the winner is: Mitsubishi’s 2WD ASX XLS.

Judged against the impressive performance and road-holding of the Nissan JUKE, this might have come as something of a surprise. But when weighing the overall qualities of the ASX against the Nissan’s role as a sort of one-trick pony, the Mitsubishi’s pipping of all others in cargo and passenger capacity – and its consistent scoring in areas such as value for money and standard technology -- gave it a comfortable lead over the second-placed JUKE Ti-S.

The Nissan lost points for its relative lack of versatility, and its less-favourable value package, although it out-scored all the others in terms of quality and standard technology.

Third in line was Ford’s (mostly) cleverly packaged and agile Titanium EcoSport. It lost big points for its gormless 1.5-litre engine and its poor technology line-up and was only one point ahead of the Holden Trax LTZ. The Trax, like the Mitsubishi ASX, rated consistently across all areas – except that it was at the lower end of the scoreboard.

In fact the scoring separated the vehicles into two levels: The ASX and JUKE, despite representing disparate approaches to SUV design, were grouped closely together at the top of the score sheets, while there was a gap to the EcoSport and Trax – which were so close together in the final judgment as to be virtually inseparable.

Resisting the temptation to make an individual judgment, let’s just say that if you’re after an SUV that will delight your senses on a winding country road, then you’ll love the second-placed JUKE Ti-S.

But if you’re seeking a light SUV that will deliver a good balance of all the elements you’d expect of the genre, then you’d find it hard to go past the Mitsubishi ASX.

On the other hand, if that final dollar is all-important, the Ford EcoSport is the best value of all, while the Holden Trax is a pretty mean all-rounder that’s short of any real flaws – which in fact is not something you could say of any of the others...
    2014 Light SUV Comparison: Ford EcoSport v Holden Trax v Mitsubishi ASX v Nissan JUKE - motoring.com.au
    Last edited by red_one; October 1st, 2015 at 11:51 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi! Ask ko lang sa mga owners kinuha nyo ba ung free tint from casa. My SA told me GS daw ung brand ng tint nila.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zacks_888 View Post
    Hi! Ask ko lang sa mga owners kinuha nyo ba ung free tint from casa. My SA told me GS daw ung brand ng tint nila.
    Never heard of GS tint. Stick with trusted brands, e.g. V-Kool, 3M and Solar Gard.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Never heard of GS tint. Stick with trusted brands, e.g. V-Kool, 3M and Solar Gard.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Yan ata yung mga generic na tint na usually free sa all in packages ng dealer

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Thanks! Hoping for the unit next week. Sa labas nlng ako mag pakabit ng tint.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Happy owner here. Got my unit last night. Is it possible to put the mahiwagang black box?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Picture sir!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Is it true that some dealerships are offering 100k discount for the ASX?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    It's true! Got a quote for bank PO. 110k discount, standard freebies.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Wow that's a very huge discount...but it also made me think that a newer model might be coming out soon...I like this ASX especially the one with the sunroof/moonroof or whatever...hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by shooter_rye View Post
    It's true! Got a quote for bank PO. 110k discount, standard freebies.