New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi tsikoteers!

I am aware that the 2011 Montero Sport will be having the new 2.5VGT engine, Paddle-shifters, LCD HU with GPS etc.

Will the 2011 Strada have all these? Also, will it be launched same as the Montero Sport on February 24?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    The 2011 VGT Strada will now be equipped with an INVECS sports mode +/- transmission :thumbup: .. By now this would be the only pick up that comes with a sportronic +/- transmission & the highest HP in its class with 178 HP

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    ^^^
    based on my observation, it seems that MMPC have placed their "eggs" on the Montero Sport for now- as in 1st Quarter 2011. i think it is all about marketing strategy. MS obviously sells more (sold 12,+++ units in 2010 alone) than the Strada so they decided to update that first to gain market share then i presume that the Strada will get the same treatment- within this year. I think this was also the same comment by an MMPC executive in a motoring section of a major major newspaper. Who knows, the Strada might receive a more-than-expected line-up revamp for 2011 which is my expectation... I'm positive that MMPC wont let the Strada bite the dust. it is also one of the best selling models- sells even more than the Lancer 1.6 and the Lancer EX 2.0 combined (i believe...)!

what JPG111 posted is correct. should be launched here, it will have the highest hp count.

Abangan ang susunod na kabanata... hth...
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; February 1st, 2011 at 02:40 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thanks boss JPG! Kamusta Montero mo?

Hmmm, tawag nila sa Thailand is Double Cab Plus, mas mahaba bed right?
    Any idea when it will be launched here?

Balak ko kumuha nung GLX Strada pero kung lalabas ito this month or march, I think I'll wait for it nalang.

Sino yung taga MSCP na nagwo-work sa MMPC? Baka naman may balita sya dito, I'd really appreciate it. Kakainis nagtatanong sa mga SA's, puro hearsay lang ang sinasabi.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    the PLUS trim in the Triton line-up consists of 4x2 in Mega Cab and Double Cab form with hi-rider suspension and 4x4 looks.

AFAIK, the standard pick-up bed stays.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008

Ganda na design sa likod hehehe

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    ^^^
    based on my observation, it seems that MMPC have placed their "eggs" on the Montero Sport for now- as in 1st Quarter 2011. i think it is all about marketing strategy. MS obviously sells more (sold 12,+++ units in 2010 alone) than the Strada so they decided to update that first to gain market share then i presume that the Strada will get the same treatment- within this year. I think this was also the same comment by an MMPC executive in a motoring section of a major major newspaper. Who knows, the Strada might receive a more-than-expected line-up revamp for 2011 which is my expectation... I'm positive that MMPC wont let the Strada bite the dust. it is also one of the best selling models- sells even more than the Lancer 1.6 and the Lancer EX 2.0 combined (i believe...)!

what JPG111 posted is correct. should be launched here, it will have the highest hp count.

Abangan ang susunod na kabanata... hth...
    -- +1, nice presumption sir, may logic ito since IMO, mas malaki profit margin sa SUV vs. pick-up. Some sheet metal over the bed and the chairs behind, almost 300-400K na price increase.

sana lang din with highest hp, highest torque na rin vs. navarra...
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; February 2nd, 2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: addt'l words

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    -- +1, nice presumption sir, may logic ito since IMO, mas malaki profit margin sa SUV vs. pick-up. Some sheet metal over the bed and the chairs behind, almost 300-400K na price increase.

sana lang din with highest hp, highest torque na rin vs. navarra...
    ---IMO---
    i think it is not just the profit margin... but it is rather the preference in car purchasing. since the mid 1990s there was shift from passenger cars to AUVs, MPVs due to practicality- the value for money factor. This expanded also to SUVs in compact, mid-size and large sizes. Aside from the Philippines having this mindset, Indonesia can probably share the same sentiment. Thailand's preference is the 1-ton Pick-up.

whatever performance figures the Montero Sport VGT gives out is likely to be seen in the Strada. it may not win the numbers game- especially on the A/T but here is hoping that the Tranny's 5speed A/T is well matched/tuned with the engine as well as the whole pick-up as well whether it is laden with weight or not.

Since we are seeing developments on the 2.5 VGT+A/T only prospective buyers like the thread starter can probably expect that the Engine for the M/T (4x2 and 4x4) will likely to remain the same. Add-ons for 2011? here is hoping MMPC product planners will give some magic off its sleeves...
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; February 2nd, 2011 at 03:22 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Tsikot Mitsubishi Moderators, please merge this thread together Expatio's and the 2010 Mitsubishi Strada thread... thank you

2011MY Mitsubishi Strada