New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 206 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    The 2011 Montero Sport has just arrived on our shore (in port). Although it has not been officially announced yet; with information accrued from forum members (via SA) and our insiders we have an almost completed picture.

This is the stuff of 2.5L 178 hp vgt engines, and 5 speed autos, of 350Nm to 400Nm of torque, the engine and gearbox we have been crying out for.

Paddle gear change for those who like some heated driving (or just to show off) is also available.

Traction control together with stability (for the snow in winter) - not confirmed yet (the stability or the snow).

This thread is a continuation of the 2010 MY latter thread posts (which has sort of unintentionally been hijacked by us)

Therefore I would like you to post on the 2011 model here rather than on the 2010 model year thread.

Salamat.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    This should be merged with the existing thread and the thread title should be changed to "2nd Gen. Mitsubishi Montero Sport thread"

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    The photos here are of the 2011 4x4 gls se variant with vgt. It would be great if somebody can confirm that these changes will be applied to the gls variants as well.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by spotdog11 View Post
    The photos here are of the 2011 4x4 gls se variant with vgt. It would be great if somebody can confirm that these changes will be applied to the gls variants as well.
    As for vgt in all GLS's, according to my SA yes, he is 99% sure it will be. He said he will email me all the specs early next week.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Expatio View Post
    As for vgt in all GLS's, according to my SA yes, he is 99% sure it will be. He said he will email me all the specs early next week.
    nice kung lahat VGT na sir expatio. specs pa lang malalaman for next week? sana lumabas na din nxt week hehe.. sir? auto climate na din b ang 4x2 GLS? or manual pa din? malamang ung paddle shifter sa SE lng un.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    The official press testing day is on the 18th of next month.

That is some 4 weeks away, but I would expect some of us will have delivery before then.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How about the Manual GLX model variant? May pagbabago rin ba?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Expatio View Post
    The official press testing day is on the 18th of next month.

That is some 4 weeks away, but I would expect some of us will have delivery before then.

so possible na mag labas nga ng feb. 1st week? tagal kasi ilabas e.. kakaasar d ko na lam if grab ko na b ung 2010 GLS 4x2 or hintayin ko pa 2011 mamaya wala naman masyado pag babago.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    :drive1:nice to have such VGT engine...
    sure talk of the tear naman ito sa tsikot...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangie View Post
    How about the Manual GLX model variant? May pagbabago rin ba?
    All models will be 2.5L vgt in line with Thailand's 2011MY introduced last week.

Page 1 of 206 123451151101 ... LastLast
2011 Mitsubishi Montero Sport [ARCHIVED]