New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    anyone of you had a problem with their montero about check engine suddenly lit up? I brought my montero to the casa and the S.A. told me there was a problem with the fuel i used that it was dirty and with water and that is why they had to change the fuel filter. I wonder if it was really true or the casa people would just make alibi's to earn a profit. This happened twice already and i was using a petron turbo diesel so how come that diesel was dirty? What was more peculiar was when i was about to bring the montero to the casa, the check engine light just disappeared. I was thinking it was the sensor or the computer that has a problem....

Any suggestions? thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    so far i have not encountered this problem

i am using seaoil bioxceed

but will monitor though

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lightsnow725 View Post
    anyone of you had a problem with their montero about check engine suddenly lit up? I brought my montero to the casa and the S.A. told me there was a problem with the fuel i used that it was dirty and with water and that is why they had to change the fuel filter. I wonder if it was really true or the casa people would just make alibi's to earn a profit. This happened twice already and i was using a petron turbo diesel so how come that diesel was dirty? What was more peculiar was when i was about to bring the montero to the casa, the check engine light just disappeared. I was thinking it was the sensor or the computer that has a problem....

Any suggestions? thanks.

Try to fuel-up in a different gas station but Petron TD din gamitin mo. Baka marumi yung fuel nung dati mong gas station. It could be another thing to see. Also, get a second opiion also outside the casa.

Just don't go to Rapide, palit injectors at buong fuel system yan. joke
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's possible it can be a fuel problem. I've experienced similar in other cars when I filled up diesel at a cruddy gas station.

If you always fill at the same station, go to a different station.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Also using seaoil biodiesel, 10mos , 25k mileage na okAy naman. Have an officemate experienced that, casa cleaned the egr. Bottomline, kung madumi yung diesel mo, mabilis dudumi yung egr mo, mas malaki ang chance na magcheck engine ka dahil sa maruming egr. Nagshift na din siya sa seaoil

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Newbie here but experienced the same problem. Except that mine happened in SLEX and the turbo shut off for safety purposes (daw). CASA said it was under warranty naman so fixed within a day and they told me madumi daw kasi diesel. Used either Petron Turbo Diesel or V-Power Diesel back then. After that, been using SeaOil BioExceed too and not only did the problem go away, pansin ko nabawasan yung ingay nung engine, no smoke, and not much foul smell.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    thanks for the reply everyone, i am using a petron turbo diesel and the gas stations that i frequent were petron at gil puyat corner makati avenue and at alabang along commerce avenue, i wonder how come these gas stations have dirty gas while these are prime stations...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lightsnow725 View Post
    thanks for the reply everyone, i am using a petron turbo diesel and the gas stations that i frequent were petron at gil puyat corner makati avenue and at alabang along commerce avenue, i wonder how come these gas stations have dirty gas while these are prime stations...
    Dirty or contaminated (with fuel). We may not know until a fuel analysis is made.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    so far i have not encountered this problem

i am using seaoil bioxceed

but will monitor though

iba ba sir yung seaoil bioxceed sa seaoil biodiesel?

madaming monty owners gumagamit ng seaoil diesel ah. so maganda talaga ang result sir? :D

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Dear Everyone,

i think the fuelling station/dealer is not the issue. I also have the same problem, it happens 5 times already and i also change the refuelling station but then it recurs. Everytime i bring my unit to the casa there's no clear explanation what is the root cause of this problem. I believe there's already a quality issue on these montero cars esp on 2013 model that must be addressed immediately. I am so frustrated. The freebies that i should have asked were paracetamols to relieve me from the headaches it brought me along with this new car. On tuesday aug 27, 2013, I will bring my unit again to the casa to be check. I dont know what to do anymore, I am thinking to return the unit totally since this is still under waranty. I just bought this last April 2013. Please help. Your opinions or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2011-2012 montero gtv check engine sign problem