New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2010
    hi gurus I'm new here my brother migrated abroad and gave me his 2009 monterosport gls, i got some quick question about the suv

A) it's a 4d56t diesel engine, I've already knoew the basics of a diesel car care, and i already knew the importance of preheating the engine to it's optimal temperature before using it, my first question is, what is it's optimal temperature, does it have to be hot enough that the temp guage reading is at the middle (it takes about 10-15 mins), or is it ok to use it after the first sign of temperature rise (take roughly 3-5 mins)

my second question is about the transmission, I'm used to drive a sedan A/T, so whenever i check my sedan's atf, I check it while the engine is running, does it have to be the same for the monty, coz when i checked it while the engine is running, it shows very low amount of ATF, but when i checked it with the engine turned off, it showed perfect reading i'm confused,which is correct?, should i check it while the engine on or off?? (sorry guys Manual not included)

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    there's no need to warm up the engine prior to driving the vehicle, you're just wasting fuel that way. just don't accelerate too quickly until the engine has reached the optimal temp.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Meron parin warm up ang CRDi engines, Mga 40 seconds. Kasi karamihan ng CRDi engines Fully Synthetic ang oil. So kailangan muna maka ikot nung oil bago ka tumakbo

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    thanks for the input about preheating, how about on how to check the ATF, do i have to keep running the engine while checking, or dos it have to be turned off.

2009 monterosport question