New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    It was thought to be the Civic killer, I myself thought it might not be the killer but its going to be a competition to the Civic. Its been many months now since the Lancer was released yet I don't see a lot in the roads myself. While the streets are still flooded with Civics and the Altis is gaining pace but still not as abundant as the Civic. What happened?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the market no longer has faith in the Mitsu brand

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    baka dahil walang stock lagi?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Why so? Please expound...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    wala stock lagi?

so that means mabenta...

baket bihira ako makakita ng new Lancer sa kalye?

puro new Vios ang nakikita ko

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess it could also be the way the manufacturer or distributor "markets" the car. Toyota and Honda have solid distributorships and tie-ups with financing institutions (i.e. Metrobank for Toyota and BPI for Honda) which makes it quite easy for consumers to go for their cars. Put it simply, if you are able to give the best deals for acquisition of a particular car, you'll get significant following.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    baka dahil sa variant na offered. i think 2.0 lang ang available. check the sales report posted in motioncars and you'll see that the 2.0 liter compact car segment (civic, mazda3 and focus-excluding the TDCi) barely sold more than 200 units for the period dec 07-apr 08. dami ngang altis, civic and mazda3 pero panay 1.6/1.8 variants.

so the all-new lancer may be a bust with regard to overall car sales, but maybe not in its segment (let's wait for the jun-dec 08 report). and with a price tag of more than 1M for a 2L car, some would tend to look at crossover SUVs instead (crv, tucson, sprtage, etc.)

so mitsu, i-launch nyo na ang 1.6/1.8L lancer EX para may laban!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    maybe its because of its high price.

950K for base ... then 1.1 to 1.2 for the mid range .......

i myself would want to get a lancer 2008 .... but the thing is ... a 2.0 car .... for 1.1M ......... i'd go for a compact SUV na lang .... with a 2.4 engine for 1.5M .... and thats the Outlander!

hahaha.

but i really want a lancer 2008 - so gwapo!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    double post ulit tsk tsk :snorkel:
    Last edited by XTO; September 24th, 2008 at 02:43 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sa 'kin mahal siya at base na rin sa naging history ng lancer dito, maraming nadala IMO pero just like the 2.0 FD, 3 years na and yet napaka bihira rin naman.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Is the 2008 Lancer a market flop??