New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 382 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Interesting... given how the local Dynapack and Dynojet compare to the Dastek dyno, those readings agree with your stock 120 whp dyno.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    question lang.. kapag bumili ako ng lancer EX GLS.. kaya bang palitan ung exterior nun para magmukhang GT-A? pati ung wood sa interior pwde gawin aluminum alloy.. mga magkano kaya aabutin? ung design lang kasi ung major difference nila and the mags..18inches sa GT-A

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    hello sirs. would you guys happen to know what mod voids the warranty?

mine is a lancer ex glx. obviously the base model and i wanna tweak it a little w/o voiding the warranty. can i change the lights? intake? exhaust?

TIA

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chanyto View Post
    question lang.. kapag bumili ako ng lancer EX GLS.. kaya bang palitan ung exterior nun para magmukhang GT-A?
    You can have filberglass pieces made and installed to make it look like a GT-A. Or you can purchase the actual GT-A body parts (bumper, side skirts, rear bumper, spoiler) from other owners who have modified their GT-A.

pati ung wood sa interior pwde gawin aluminum alloy..
    The GT-A's interior trim are fake carbon fiber finish, not aluminum finish. But you can have it either re-painted or actual CF laid over the original fake-wood plastic trim pieces.

mga magkano kaya aabutin?
    Depends on who does it. You can try checking A-TOY and ZWORKS.

A-TOY: http://www.a-toybodykits.com/

Z-Works: http://zworks.multiply.com/

ung design lang kasi ung major difference nila and the mags..18inches sa GT-A
    The mags is easy enough. That is what I did with my car. I didn't bother with the body kit anymore.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    i read in other threads that mags cost 50-75k per piece on 18"? para narin bumili ng GT-A pag pinalitan.. is that already the usual price of 18" mags/tires?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i read in other threads that mags cost 50-75k per piece on 18"? para narin bumili ng GT-A pag pinalitan.. is that already the usual price of 18" mags/tires?

50-75k would buy a set of 4 Rota mags including tires na.

the 50-75k per piece that you are referring to may be for the high end brands like Work Wheels. usually around 150k to 200k yan for a set of 4. ;)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 4_tease View Post
    hello sirs. would you guys happen to know what mod voids the warranty?

mine is a lancer ex glx. obviously the base model and i wanna tweak it a little w/o voiding the warranty. can i change the lights? intake? exhaust?

TIA
    Depends on the mods. Suspension mods voids the warranty of the suspension, etc.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    P50K per piece is casa pricing.

You can purchase (used) GT-A wheels (with or without tires) for about P30k to P50K from GT or GT-A owners.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    if ever i'll be changing the default tires of GLS to 18" just like in GT-A, does it have the same comfort as riding a GT-A? or does it need to have some modifications/adjustments since nag-iba na ung tires?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if ever i'll be changing the default tires of GLS to 18" just like in GT-A, does it have the same comfort as riding a GT-A? or does it need to have some modifications/adjustments since nag-iba na ung tires?

Changing the GLS/GLX wheels to something like the 18s on the GTA will make it ride like a GTA. No modifications needed.

In fact, I swapped my 16in GLS wheels for the 18in wheels from a GTA and it still rides well. The ride is still comfy due to the (somewhat) soft suspension of the Lancer EX.

The actual benefit of changing 16s to 18s is the improved handling and turning response of the car. On 16s, the car felt like there was a 1 second delay between steering input and the car actually starting to turn. With the 18s, the car's response was nearly immediate.

BUT you still have to be careful in how you push the car's handling at high speed. 18s with stock suspension will mean the rear of the car can have a tendency to "fish-tail" a bit if you suddenly brake hard and turn.

Reason is when you are driving fast and suddenly brake hard, you shift the weight from the rear to the front and suddenly unload the rear suspension. The steering input will then push the unloaded rear end to the side, in a tendency to rotate the car. The driver trying to correct might result in an over-correction and make the fish-tailing worst. Immediate solution here is NOT to steer and brake hard at the same time when driving fast if possible.

Long term solution is the upgrade the suspension.