New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    really nice lines...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    love the butt, the front lacks character and the design is very generic. looks like a chick car.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    chick car hell yeah! OT isnt it offensive to japs being called JAPS?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma_34
    chick car hell yeah! OT isnt it offensive to japs being called JAPS?

yes. they'd punch your teeth in

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    so how does the eclipse compare to the Evo? is it just all show, no go?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bad driver

They're apples and oranges - people who buy the Evo is different from those who buy the Eclipse. Otherwise, Mitsu wont be producing something that competes with its own product.

But to answer your Q, the Evo wins, although, a lot of people asked why Mitsu used the same interior material with the Evo ($35K) as the regular lancer (<$15K).

If i have to judge the Eclipse with the pictures i saw, the car definitely has good interior design - i hope the quality of materials is at par with the looks.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by airshaq20
    If i have to judge the Eclipse with the pictures i saw, the car definitely has good interior design - i hope the quality of materials is at par with the looks.
    Unfortunately, I doubt Mitsu would use quality materials for the interior. The cockpit layout of the mitsus are identical to those seen in dodge and plymouth cars. I think ur right about the demographics they are going for.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wth...and i thought they couldn't make the current gen eclipse any uglier. i was wrong.

you guys might disagree with me, but imo mitsubishi has no idea what car buyers want. with some exceptions, most notably the evo and perhaps the pajero (although its sales figures suck in the US), their cars are unexciting...and if they find something promising they completely change it (like the late 90's eclipse and 3000 gt).

it's kinda sad...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    parang hindi streamlined ang design; parang di magkasundo ung fenders with the body

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bad driver
    i don't think that the 3.8L 263hp MIVEC engine is a no-go. but don't go comparing it to the evo.

based on reviews, it is faster than the previous gen eclipse.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT