New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I hate the front grille..but otherwise, pretty impressive.

Notable spec:

Est. List Price: $23,000
    Est. Price as Tested: $ 26,895

0-60mph - 5.8 sec
    0-1/4 mile - 14.4 sec
    skidpad - 83g

Engine: iron block, alum head V6
    Valvetrain - SOHC 4 valve/cyl
    Displacement - 3828cc
    HP (SAE) - 263 bhp * 5750 rph
    Torque - 260 lb-ft * 4500 rph
    Redline - 6500 rpm

Curb weight - 3750
    Weight Dist - 61/39

[img]http://www.monkeyview.net/netruma*hotmail.com/default/Eclipse.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.monkeyview.net/netruma*hotmail.com/default/Eclipse2.jpg[/img]

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    already drove one....

sa GT4... hehehehe...

tumatatanda na ako eh... nagmamature lang pala... i prefer euro cars now, mas comfy... lalo na backseat! hehehehe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    [img]http://my.monkeyview.net/albums/netruma*hotmail.com/default/Eclipse3.jpg[/img]

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    on the last pic parang nagmukhang beetle siya... i prefer the eclipse sypder though...

ot: airshaq: no offense ah, pero it seems na ganyan yun type mo na auto ano? medyo bilugin... audi TT, 350z, eclispe... okay taste mo...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    [img]http://www.monkeyview.net/netruma*hotmail.com/default/Eclipse4.jpg[/img]

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder
    on the last pic parang nagmukhang beetle siya... i prefer the eclipse sypder though...

ot: airshaq: no offense ah, pero it seems na ganyan yun type mo na auto ano? medyo bilugin... audi TT, 350z, eclispe... okay taste mo...
    Im not really a fan of the Eclipse or the 350z...my last 6 cars, 5 of them were all European cars (328is E36, 325i E46, 2 Audi TTs (one of them is the one i presently have) and VW Passat)...

I almost got killed in my Honda when i was back there in the philippines (i was 20 years old) - so i promised my self that when time comes that i can afford to buy my own car, i would never buy a small Jap car with my own money...

Since that accident - i never liked Jap cars. Some of them are just nice to look at but underneath the skin - but when you talk about refinement, most of these are too spartan for me.

Was considering to get a MB-ML SUV, a CLK and the MB-E series but all I hear from my close friends who ows these are problems. I also heard that the brakes cost $1,200 to have them changed. That is something that I dont wanna get into. I mean, cars here in the US usually lose AT LEAST $10T of their value in the first to 2nd year. On the 3rd or forth year, it is worth about half of what you paid. Add all the repairs, etc - you'll be in the losing end.

So - I might not get a Benz for at least 3 years or so.

What I usually look for in a car is refinement - the materials used (especially if it uses plastic in the interior - i dont like cheap looking plastics or wood); like to see/hear how the door close; I dont like rattles and whatever annoying sound on the panels; the window should open/close without the panels moving (ive seen the new accord and civic's door panels "move" as you raise the windows)l; and lots of other minor things....again its refinement.

About the looks...i go for the package...not a particular part or design.

BTW....when are you gonna get your Euro car?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    looks ugly to me, i mean the exterior

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    What happened. I used to own a Mitsubishi Starion. Now that car I should have kept. I think after the 300gts, it has all gone down hill for mitsubishi!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy
    What happened. I used to own a Mitsubishi Starion. Now that car I should have kept. I think after the 300gts, it has all gone down hill for mitsubishi!

I think Mitsu cant afford to make a 3000GT replacement (which is a 350zx competitor). Instead of making an affordable Eclipse that competes with RSX (low 200 hp) - they go between 200 to 300 hp so it (new eclipse) can compete (barely) with the bigger boys (350zx, etc) and still outburn the smaller boys (RSX, etc) which was the original competitors.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Mas gusto ko pa rin yung dating Eclipse...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT