New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hi! My friend is selling me her 2003 Outlander 2.4 AT AWD as she wants to buy a Montero Sport. It has 97k mileage & is CASA maintained since Day1. What are the pros & cons of ownership? what do I have to look out for? and LASTLY, what is the Fuel Consumption for city & highway driving?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hello there, I got my White 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander yesterday, bought it for a fair price, also Casa Maintained and 1st owner yung mayari. Bale its a Base model LS 2WD lang unlike yours na AWD. Pinagpilian ko between a 2002 model Revo, 2003 Adventure, 2004 City, 2006 Sentra and a 2006 Vios. Based on my Research about the 1st Gen Outlander is it is not a SUV vehicle but is a "Crossover" vehicle, meaning it has a body of an SUV with a Engine based on Mitsubishi Galant and Eclipse Sedan so its a bit Underpowered but if your not pacticular with it its OK. Also, Its not built for Speed Hi way Driving but rather good for City Driving.

Good Points ng Outlander also is the Spaceous seats (5 seater pero pwede pa 6 seater), Yung Instrument Panel niya looks like an Alpha Romeo. The front of the Outlander for me is Brusko tingnan although some dont like it but me i like it a lot. Also, medyo bihira na nagbebenta nito sa Market but parts is Available sa Casa so its kinda rare to see one of this in the Road. At Head Turner talaga ang Outlander IMHO (mukha akong mayaman although im not hehehe)

If your not considering a Middle to Large Family Vehicle and not minding the underpowered Engine and 4 speed only Automatic transmission then the Outlander is right for you. Sa akin kasi Spare Vehicle ko lang ito for special occasions ang coding na rin if our Primary Ride, an old reliable 97 Tamaraw FX eh coding.

Hope this helps a bit.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyvin610 View Post
    Hello there, I got my White 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander yesterday, bought it for a fair price, also Casa Maintained and 1st owner yung mayari. Bale its a Base model LS 2WD lang unlike yours na AWD. Pinagpilian ko between a 2002 model Revo, 2003 Adventure, 2004 City, 2006 Sentra and a 2006 Vios. Based on my Research about the 1st Gen Outlander is it is not a SUV vehicle but is a "Crossover" vehicle, meaning it has a body of an SUV with a Engine based on Mitsubishi Galant and Eclipse Sedan so its a bit Underpowered but if your not pacticular with it its OK. Also, Its not built for Speed Hi way Driving but rather good for City Driving.

Good Points ng Outlander also is the Spaceous seats (5 seater pero pwede pa 6 seater), Yung Instrument Panel niya looks like an Alpha Romeo. The front of the Outlander for me is Brusko tingnan although some dont like it but me i like it a lot. Also, medyo bihira na nagbebenta nito sa Market but parts is Available sa Casa so its kinda rare to see one of this in the Road. At Head Turner talaga ang Outlander IMHO (mukha akong mayaman although im not hehehe)

If your not considering a Middle to Large Family Vehicle and not minding the underpowered Engine and 4 speed only Automatic transmission then the Outlander is right for you. Sa akin kasi Spare Vehicle ko lang ito for special occasions ang coding na rin if our Primary Ride, an old reliable 97 Tamaraw FX eh coding.

Hope this helps a bit.
    You sound pleased pare. As long as you are happy with your buy panalo na. Enjoy your new ride, cheers!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Thanks Talandukay. For me I'm happy with my buy on my Outlander but it is still Macho Palito's decision to buy it or not. Search on the Internet Mr. Macho for more info and other users as well. I cannot yet say on the Parts to be replaced though since its just new to me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Hingi lang ng inputs. Sana meron pang outlander owners dito. I am thinking of getting one, 2nd hand. Between 2001-2007 model I think (yun na lang kaya ng budget e). First choice ko talaga is Crosswind. Any pros and cons for the Outlander? This will be my very first owned car, in case. Nakikidrive lang ako lagi e. Hehe. Main consideration ko is the fuel efficiency and the looks na din. I will use it as office service mainly, at pangside trip minsan.

I hope you can help me figure out this car. Ang dalang ng reviews e, lalo na dito sa Pinas. Thanks a lot.

2003/2004 Mitsubishi Outlander (buying used, need info/opinions)