New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    mga sirs,

after countless search in tsikot and other forums, and opinions from other car owners and mechanics, i settled for a '00 glx m/t for P270k, 61k odo, flawless interior and exterior, excellent engine, alagang alaga talaga ng 1st owner... my decision was based on the price (un lang ang max na kaya e), good condition of the vehicle, reliability, low maintenance, and good gas consumption...

the problem is, im now feeling a little anxious about it. im not really into those luxury thingies, but i feel that i have not acquired a bang-for-the-buck vehicle. i dont complain naman because ganun lang ang budget ko, but i feel that i should have done more search, research, etc. and bought a better car. i have no problem naman with the car, even if its only a 1.5l carb engine because of reasons as mentioned above, mejo matagtag lang sa suspension and un nga, kulang sa luxury features (like abs, disk brakes or airbags).

for glx owners and other lancer owners and experienced tsikot peeps, pagsisisi ba'to sa bandang huli?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto lang masasabi ko, sometimes ganyan din feeling ko 'cause I've always wanted a Civic, but after having my Lancer GLXi 97 for quite sometime now and taking it several times to long trips without giving me any major problem, I'm quite happy with it.

try to enjoy whatever you have right now, a lot of people out there want to buy a car but cannot afford one.

As long as your car is reliable, okay na yan.

It's really difficult to want something when we are limited with resources.

So, try to enjoy it for now, malay mo baka makabili ka pa ng iba na mas gusto mo.

Congrats on your new ride.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    my cousin had the same car paero 1.5l lang ba talga engine? kala ko 1.6l na to? anyways, isipin mo nlng na the less features the less parts na masisira i drive an 02 toyota altis m/t J for everyday, it doesnt have abs airbags and drums rear brakes but for everyday driving sobrng reliable ! for me naman basta power windows power sidemirrors power locks ok na ! mine doesnt even have an alarm, if i compare it to my other car an 04 250x xtrail which has all the luxury features, pero nasiraan na ako once dito nag check engine tpos matic pa bawal mabaha bawal matirikan etc etc dami nga features dami rin nakakatakot na pwde masira

and tama rin si artpogi, although you can have gotten the civic, e nabili mo narin e at least enjoy it narin ! bihisan mo nlng ng konti or keep it clean stock looking maganda rin naman e tsaka as you said yan lang kinaya ng budget mo so dn plang bang for the buck kna !
    Last edited by kmo; June 14th, 2006 at 10:36 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    thanks mga bros... i felt good sa reply mo bro kmo, less headeache nga naman in case magkadipirensya... im going to max na lang its potential and dream of a better car in the future

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    wow congrats newride ..enjoy mo na lang nga .
    buti nga ikaw meron bago ,
    iyon iba wala so much better ka pa din
    wag ka titingin sa mas nakahihigit sa iyo para mabawasan sama ng loob mo
    pics naman jan

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    I thought of buying GLX na 2000 model, ganda kasi itsura niyan for me. Ended up buying a civic 99. Naisip ko minsan while having the car washed sa isang shop... where it was parked alongside a Sentra STA (?)... grabe dami creature comforts and features compared to mine. haaaay. it's human to compare nga naman.

At the end of the day though, i am still happy and contented with my ride. Why? My car (or whatever other car model i could have decided to buy within my reach - lancer, sentra, rolla, etc) lets me go home a little fresher and less tired so i could spend time with my family... which matters most.

Back to topic... the lancers i have seen before buying my car is priced same or not that far yours... sabi mo nga alagang-alaga, so bang for the buck yan pre!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lako
    thanks mga bros... i felt good sa reply mo bro kmo, less headeache nga naman in case magkadipirensya... im going to max na lang its potential and dream of a better car in the future
    no prob! i was just giving my honest opinion !

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    you dont really need to feel bad kasi the civic you are didnt opt to buy (civic nga ba?) rides almost the same as your lancer..kasi yan ang impression ko sa dalawa and malamang mas luma pa makuha mo..at least yan problem free!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    just enjoy the good traits of the car... Lancers have nice handling... it has good rear suspension not just mere struts as in most of the competition. as for the 1.5L carb, im not totally sold to it, but the 4G15 like most Mitsu engines malakas yan sa rekta.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    amen to artpogi's comment. hehehehe.

be contented ika nga. not all people are as blessed as you.

2000 Mistu Lancer GLX