New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. oloap Guest
    hi guys, am new here maybe you can help me decide....

am planning to sell my96 vti and buy one of these converted suv.

right decision ba?

thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hello there!

A lot of people here would not recommend converted vehicles. There are a lot of conversion issues which needs to be addressed. Stuff like the quality and the parts used for the steering conversion, the dashboard, etc. There are a lot of threads which discuss all of these, perhaps you could do a search. Basically, If youre will to live with these issues, then by all means go ahead :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree with sir pajerokid,. Just make sure you bring a trusted mechanic with you and check your chosen vehicle very carefully before the purchased. Not all auctioned vehicles are lemons. But it's better to be more vigilant then be sorry. Goodluck.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    marwen drives one and hybrid sells them. lc80 also drives a converted.

However, you must really be sure of what you are getting into.

Personally I wouldn't mind driving an ex-Japanese LC70 FRP top (kimpoy!). hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    hmmm
    personally i drive one (paj. 2 door gas)...pero IMHO lang its better as a spare car...kasi u'll never know when problems will arise be it on the local conversion or just because the parts and the engine is relatively old...just my .2

6. oloap Guest
    thanks guys for advicing!

maki, what specific problem have u encountered with your pajero?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    marwen drives one and hybrid sells them. lc80 also drives a converted.

However, you must really be sure of what you are getting into.

Personally I wouldn't mind driving an ex-Japanese LC70 FRP top (kimpoy!). hehehe.
    right you are otep!!!

be sure to tag along a trusty mechanic, ask our power steering expert afrasay and his equal trusty cousin/mechanic ferdie about conversion
    gearbox, steering column etc etc

tama rin ma ok itong spare car!

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    oloap,

tama silang lahat .. bring your trusted mechanic... pa check mo yung steering conversion... if you have extra.. and extra money... find an orig LHD gearbox then hanap ka rin ng orig LHD Dashboard.. if you cant find an orig LHD gearbox due to budget.. be sure yung welding sa steering coupling matibay.. tapos konting mods na lang specially dun sa conversion ng doorpanel sa Power windows control tingnan mo paano nila convert yung controls.. baka sinira nila yung door panels.. tapos pa detail mo yung interior.. ipa baklas mo yung mga seats and carpet para maalis ang dumi sa floorings. kung me extra money pa .. repaint mo na or washover or kung pwede pa yung paint exterior detail na lang using Meguiar .. kung me ma kita kang extra orig LHD Dashboard.. PM mo kaagad ako.. im looking for one kasi eh..

goodluck..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Madaming Pajero na Toyota ang steering box. Bakit kaya? Hehehe. Papalitan mo na lang ulit. Either pang Pajero or Hyundai Galloper.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    owki lang yan IMHO :mrgreen:

pwede nadin sakin converted.. ayaw lng ng erpats ko.hehehe

marwen.. dame sa banwe nyan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2-door pajeros