New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hi Tsikoteers!
    Quite confused about the engines used for the 1st Generation
    Pajero correct me if I'm wrong but AFAIK there are only 2 locally released engines for the said unit, 4d56 non turbo and the 4d56 turbo, but i see "local" (as they said) which has intercoolers in it. Now my question is, alin sa mga 4d56 engines po ba ang walang computer boxes, i mean yung purely mechanical lang if i am using the right term ha. Less complications kasi pagkawalang computer box. If ever imported na unit ba na may intercooler may computer box na yun? Thanks for your time.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by r_dacayan View Post
    Hi Tsikoteers!
    Quite confused about the engines used for the 1st Generation
    Pajero correct me if I'm wrong but AFAIK there are only 2 locally released engines for the said unit, 4d56 non turbo and the 4d56 turbo, but i see "local" (as they said) which has intercoolers in it. Now my question is, alin sa mga 4d56 engines po ba ang walang computer boxes, i mean yung purely mechanical lang if i am using the right term ha. Less complications kasi pagkawalang computer box. If ever imported na unit ba na may intercooler may computer box na yun? Thanks for your time.
    ok na to..thanks to sir otep, post ko lang for everybody's reference baka may iba pang nagtatanong..share lang po.

//as per sir otep//
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=2]As far as I know, all GEN I Pajeros do not have computer boxes for the engine. Even the 2nd gen ones didn't have one in as far as I know also (that was my first SUV).
    There are computer boxes under the dash but those modules controlled different items like the central locking and power windows and the 4wd system (on GEN II models).
    4d56 are mechanical engines po. Non-turbo makes 72bhp, turbo makes 84bhp, turbo with intercooler makes 99bhp
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=2]
    Yes it applies to ex-JDM and Mid-East Pajeros as well as Hyundai Gallopers.
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ yup no computer boxes for the engine mgt of non-crdi gen1 and gen 2 pajeros (even gen 2.5). The JDM 2.8 have EFI in some of the leater models but non released locally.

Computer boxes for the gen3 PAjero CK ang alam ko una for the engine.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!