New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    its a 4 inline gas engine right?? does it still have a carb?? or is it EFI?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    hey thanks!!! finally i know what i'm buying hehehe... so is it good?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    settle for a diesel rig na lang bro.. hirap gas ngayon

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    v22,

yes, it has a carb pa.

odell,

yeah, thinking of converting it to diesel, the 2.8L with turbo hmmmm... the mechanic said it's an easy convertion. how "easy" it is, i don't know. expensive lang. like buying a W123 merc. anyway, i'll see if i can play around with the price.

thank you sa lahat!!! probably i'll sleep on it and tell you guys!

THANK YOU!!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gen 2 nga... di ba underpowered sa 2.5 liter Gas?

well tawaran mo pa, upside niyan is full option yan (dubai eh) at masarap at tahimik gamitin.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are you sure Dubai version yan? Our Pajero is exactly like yours kaya lang 1992 model, 4D56 turbo (no intercooler) ang makina at walang stock bullbar (tinanggal ng dating may-ari). Ex-ADB unit kasi yung amin kaya nakuha namin a couple of years ago for 450K lang. Kung pareho nung sa amin yang Pajero na bibilhin mo ay malamang very basic yung unit, walang masyadong options (2-pt. seatbelts lang ang nasa 2nd and 3rd row seats, hindi power side mirrors, single A/C lang, etc.).

Okey na sana ang kukunin mong Pajero pero malaking factor ang fuel consumption ng 4G54 (2.6L) gas engine. Kung kukunin mo pa rin ay dapat siguro ay mga 350-380K ang tawad mo dahil 4-cyl gas engine yan. Para may pang-ayos ka kung sakaling magpapalit ka ng 4D56 trubodiesel na makina. Ipa-estimate mo rin ang lahat ng magagastos mo para sa gas to diesel engine conversion.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    bright side is... some 4d56 owners prefer the 4g54 engine! though its hungry on gas the engine is quite reliable..

it uses timing chain instead of belts... mine has logged 144Tkm ++ and the engine runs smooth and i never experienced any overheating problems other 4d56 owners complain about....

performance and reliablity AOK ang engine nyan... gas consumption lang talaga ang downside....

madugo if you decide to go for the 2.8 4m40 motor. 100K up yun sa mga surplusan. IMO not worth it.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMHO, hindi worth it magpalit ng makina just because mahal ang gas.

you have two choices: you either buy a diesel version or you could haggle for the price of the gas version.

yung masesave mo from the haggling, yun ang gagamitin mo pang-gas. hehehe

coz i don't think surplus engines are reliable (especially for those who doesn't want any headaches and downtime for their vehicle, lalo na pag daily driven yun). mas ok pa rin ang original.

keeping everything original also helps a lot in keeping the market value of the vehicle when the time that you need to sell it again.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i agree with tebs,

just go ang buy a local diesel variant. maTAKAW TALAGA ANG 2.6 GAS. that's it never clicked here. onlt the ex adbs got it. i think if u can get it at 375, pwede na din.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
1994 Pajero