New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Yes, no regrets, I will be visiting Tire Boy next week to have the suspension checked out, changed and have her properly aligned. Purchased 2 gallons of castrol engine oil and vic oil filter for her visit to the service station... anything else I should do?
    btw, there's something wrong with the tachometer, the needle is BELOW the guage resting peg/pin... can I disassemble the guage cluster or should I let professionals do it?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can do it yourself, nagpalit ba ng gauge face yan? Bat kaya nagalaw? di kaya tampered odo?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    madali lang naman po bunutin yung needle, baka nagalaw na kasi dati. :D

congrats po on the new purchase! :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    max tire size for your model is 31". great all around vehicle. mura ang bili mo. if you're on a budget you can install KYB shocks which are a little less than a thousand ea. be sure to check if the 4x4 system works. if well maintained it will serve you for years. congrats on your purchase.
    Last edited by afrasay; March 4th, 2006 at 11:40 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Visited Tire Boy last Saturday, shocks are still new says the inspector the only problems he detected are the worn leaf spring bushing and wheel alignment.
    Breakdown:
    labor: replace leaf spring bushings (both sides) *1000.00
    complete wheel alignment *2400.00
    parts:
    4 pcs. leaf spring bushing (big) *200.00
    8 pcs. leaf spring bushing (small *400.00
    materials??? *100.00
    Total 4100.00

My brother says I should try Motorcraft along Banawe... what do you guys think?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    you should definitely try motorcraft.. those prices are too high IMO.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    TIRE BOY IS OVERPRICED. I stopped going there long ago. Motorcraft is the best shop in the area, IMHO. Wheelers is also good at suspension works and is in the vicinity.

But my vote for the work they are quoting, still goes to CRUVEN (they have a thread in the workshop). Dami kong pinagawa sa Field Master, nasa 3k lang ang singil. Wala yung resibo dito. Pero yung busing parang Php 50.00/each lang sa kanila. Php 400.00 ang most expensive bushing sa resibo and apat lang ata ang nakalagay.

Ano bang alignment iyan? Mas mura pa sa Mitsubishi Quezon Avenue, ha. hehehe. Sa Motorcraft magaling mag-align yung matanda dun.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Had the pajero aligned at Motorcraft, total cost was 900.00 (including tire rotation). All suspension parts are brand new including the shock absorbers (fluid type, so they felt soft). Reason why the pajero pulls to the left and made unusual underchassis noises was because majority of the suspension bolts were too loose! Today I had her tinted (platinum super dark) and also had the tachometer repaired... total cost 3600.00. I'm just considering mounting ralliart (spiderweb) mags... hehe!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano ba itsura ng 93 pajero? ito ba un box type? musta naman ang milleage nito>

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hey vmax, where did you had your tachometer repaired??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
1993 Pajero