New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I guess restoring is not the proper term for this..

What I'm planning to do is take the chassis of a 1992 Mitsu L-200 and combine it with a 2002 Strada. I'm doing this as a gift for my Mom. It's going to be used sa offroad na dinfrom time to time.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions or improvements on this idea? I already started on this project and there's no turning back.

As for the mods, can any of you suggest what to do? I'm planning to get KelSeat or SeatMaster for the interior. have it done with plush leather!

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    as an added note, the reason why I'm doing this is that she treasures this L200 deeply. and she wants it to be restored / modded so it can still be used for our business.

Thats a nice gift.

- Get some nice rims, and mud tires for offroading,
    - get decent component speakers up front and some decent coaxials at the rear, or subs kung kasya.
    - How about the dash? Maybe you can customize it according to your mom's taste.

Well thats my .02 good luck. Wala akong masyadong alam sa mechanical aspect.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ILD: planning to customize the dash too.. know anybody that can do this? siguro pwede kay atoy... siguro snorkel na din at the side.

Mmm... Atoys? AFAIK, woodworks din ang gagawin sa dash, baka kaya na yan ng audio installer... baka pwede kay mickeys or dbaudio. shop around na lang for the best deal.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    what do you plan to do with the strada body? wont it be a waste of money?

the thought of it is sweet but if you would ruin a perfecty good car and use it as a donor vehicle is a big no no...
    but if you got money to burn go for it !

it would be cool thou
    Last edited by Sheep; July 15th, 2005 at 07:37 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    hmm.. actually wala na yung body ng strada.. what I have right now is the "ilalim" / under chassis.. So, what would happen is that the shell of the '92 L200 would be integrated with this. So it wouldn't ne a waste really.

and, for my mom, even though she has her SUV's, this pickup still matters to her the most. this is also one reason why money is no object.

anyway, I'm welcome to suggestions on mods or anything..

what about converting it to a 4 x 4, get it lifted, ARB bumpers front and back, Nice paint job (Dupont), winch, Lockers, New Intercooler, snorkel, the works.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    teka naguluhan ako...
    1. chassis ng Strada 4x4 at Shell ng 92 L200 tama ba?
    2. completo naman drivetrain/axles ng 4x4?

basically shoo in yan dahil same lang ang pang ilalim ng Gen 1 and Gen 2 L200...
    about the mods medyo extreme ako its either bone stock (except mags 15x8 and 31 tires)

or

off road look, TJM Bumper/Snorkel Mud tires/winch
    take a look at my Gen 1 Strada

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    what about converting it to a 4 x 4, get it lifted, ARB bumpers front and back, Nice paint job (Dupont), winch, Lockers, New Intercooler, snorkel, the works.
    yep.. ganun na nga ang mangyayari. iniisip ko na lang what color combo to go.. as for the intercooler, mukhang gagamitin ko na lang yung nasa strada dati.

kimpoy: yes to all Q's.

parang ganyan sa tingin ko ang labas ng project ko.. but I'll be putting in a scoop on the hood for the intercooler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
1992 L200 mated with 2002 Strada?