New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so by the logic i see in this thread i guess those christian pastors and ministers are not fit to be leaders of their faith because they are allowed to marry, huh?

regarding gay marriage, it's true that two gay men or women can be happy together without a piece of paper saying they are married. maybe you can even call it something different, like a "union" to please those conservatives who believe marriage should be girl/boy only.

the only problem is, gay partners lose so many legal rights because they don't have that piece of paper - to inherit property if the partner dies, to share in company benefits, tax deductions, etc. maybe the laws in the philippines allow this but this is the problem i see in the US. the way i see it, some laws should be amended so gay unions can enjoy the same privileges as marriages.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    There shouldn't be gay marriages. This is partly the reason why men tend to have #2s. Each time a gay marries a man, one woman is to lose a chance in having a male partner.

As for women priests, I don't see a reason why not. Like one of you said, they should have equal rights as men. It would also be nice to listen to a homily based on a woman's viewpoint.

Lastly, married priests should be ok. If this certain person ordained to priesthood is morally good and intelligent, why not spread out his genes? Also, if Rabbis and Imams of Judaism and Islam can lead their respective religions while being married with children, I don't see why the propagators of Catholicism cannot do the same.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    In the tradition of the Divorce thread... and with a new Pope around...

Are you in favor of...

1. Same-*** marriage?

2. Women priests?

3. Married priests?

Why and why not?
    1. NO. Immoral...magsama na lang sila pero wag ng magpakasal.
    2. NO. Though, At the Last Supper Jesus empowered both women and men. Pero weird pa rin eh...:p
    3. NO. Wag na lang silang magpari...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing

Are you in favor of...

1. Same-*** marriage?

2. Women priests?

3. Married priests?

Why and why not?
    1. no

2. no

3. yes

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003

Are you in favor of...

1. Same-*** marriage? -NO ( mag civil nalang sila)

2. Women priests? -YES (because all men are created equal)

3. Married priests? -YES (para maiwasan temptation..daw!?)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    1. No. Don't get me wrong. I love homo***uals and hetero***uals alike but someone should draw a line.

a. philosopical answer - Marriage is for a male and female. There'll be no end to this. Next people will be marrying animals and rocks even marry themselves. Puede naman live-in.

b. religious answer - God showered sodom and gomorrah in fire and brimstone and this was linked to homo***uality.

2. 3. - can't say. i'm not catholic.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. Same-*** marriage?

No... it was the reason why Sodom & Gomorrah was destroyed by God.

2. Women priests? 3. Married priests?

Yes... other Christian religions have already been doing this since. I also don't see any reason why male & females shouldn't be treated equally.

As for marriage, why not? Many prophets were also married. It is a personal choice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Are you in favor of...?