New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Are you GREEN or Eco-Friendly?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am eco-friendly / "green".

1 25.00%
  • I make no conscious efforts to be green or otherwise.

3 75.00%
  • I am the scourge of the earth.

0 0%
  • I am an official "Planeteers" member!

0 0%
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="4"]Are you eco-conscious in your day-to-day life? Do you make the effort to be "GREEN"?[/SIZE]

Tell us about your moves and efforts.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    eco-concious only in as much as it saves me money. Save electricity by using cfl, turning off unused electrical equipment, not wasting gas and that sort of thing.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Honestly I am not really "green" conscious beyond the fact that it can save me some money.

So these are the stuff that I do:
    -auto-lpg for the car (P18.90/L vs P38/L)
    -CFL bulbs for all my house lights
    -new energy efficient freezer/ref (old one broke due to power surge anyway)
    -low power PC system for my 24/7 download server (50watts vs 150watts) (based on the power consumption difference, it should pay for itself between six months to a year).

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Im not purely green, but I do make some green stuff sometimes for example, I turn the a/c off when it's cold, esp when it's raining hard. Turn the lights off when not in use.....hmmm, i think thats all...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    1. We've been avoiding use of our room airconditioner since October 2008.
    2. We use our water dispenser's HOT water feature only during breakfast, for coffee and other drinks or stuff that use hot water.
    3. We replaced our 2 old (more than 10 years old) refrigerators (both 125W, I think) with a single 125W Samsung (19cu.ft.) side-by-side ref.
    4. We never use our water dispenser's cold water feature anymore because our Samsung ref already produces enough ice if we need cold water.
    5. We've replaced all our incandescent bulbs with CFL's, except those used in our pinlights (recessed lightings). Our pinlights have dimmer switches.
    6. I try to avoid hard driving as much as possible, to save on fuel.
    7. We turn off appliances and lights if we don't use them.
    8. We use the faucets/showers economically (turn them off while soaping, etc.)
    9. We recycle recyclables as much as possible.

I hope to replace our CRT TV's with LCD/LED ones, in the future.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    I hope to replace our CRT TV's with LCD/LED ones, in the future.
    LCD/plasma screens are surpisingly energy hungry, especially the ones with larger sizes like 42".

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah but only if it meets with the other ECO which is economics. If not economics > ecology for me... No sense in keeping the surrounding clean if you're hungry.

Are you eco-conscious in your day-to-day life?