New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i would have done this...kagaya ng flintstones.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    hahhahahahahhaha

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    it also happened to a schoolmate of mine... i dunno how it happened... pero they were able to stop the car...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    "I was trying to slip the car into neutral but because the car was over-revving and red-lining I couldn't do it.

"I couldn't turn off the ignition because it would have disabled the power steering and made it even more dangerous. I was even shouting at the other drivers to get out of the way, I was getting hysterical. The traffic was getting heavier and I had to take drastic measures.
    What he wasn't thinking of... and it's a good thing he didn't turn off the ignition anyway... is that turning the engine off in gear would likely jerk the car violently as engine braking set in and cause him to lose control... If you're in gear at over 100 mph, you don't want the car locked up with no power-steering or brakes.

Most people who encounter this kind of situation do try the ignition, to find out to their horror that you can't turn off an AT while you're in gear. Try it some time...

Quote Originally Posted by jim
    with that kind of experience it would be mind-TEARING and heart-STOPPING!!! he's lucky he survived. kung ako nasa situation nya, patay na ako.

maganda talaga manual tranny. you're in control with the gears and in case you get stuck in a gear sa manual, not stepping on the accelerator and braking will surely halt the car. kung yung accelerator naman ang ma-stuck, you can always force the stick to downshift kahit masira na ang gears. kung yung clutch naman ma-stuck, you can do clutchless or streamlined shifting. i love my manual.
    Yup. You notice all these "Oh My God, I'm Out of Control and Going to Die!" Highway Stories (this is just the most recent of many) happen only to automatic drivers in the US? It's a combination of high speeds, high mileage and alternating hot and cold conditions (murder on cables, wires, electronics, etcetera) that cause this...

...and poor maintenance.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Imagine if it happened here in the Phils with all of the potholes, humps, pedestrians, narrow streets, undisciplined drivers...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron syang ginawang TAMA! he called the police, so documented ang "accident in progress" he he he

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Yikes! Jammed accelerator * 135mph.