New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    yehey, dadami telenovela na nakaka-bobo! wahhhhh
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Agree. I always complain to my wife that the telenobelas she is watching are so twisted it would show the bad guys as the brainy ones and the good guys so stupid! I think it feeds the underdog mentality of the pinoy s and is setting a bad example to the kids to tolerate bullying at school. But I can't understand why it still sells judging from the big sponsors being shown in between screening.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Agree. I always complain to my wife that the telenobelas she is watching are so twisted it would show the bad guys as the brainy ones and the good guys so stupid! I think it feeds the underdog mentality of the pinoy s and is setting a bad example to the kids to tolerate bullying at school. But I can't understand why it still sells judging from the big sponsors being shown in between screening.
    Pang-masa kasi.

OT: Masama yung mayayaman usually, mata-pobre etc tapos fairy tale ending para sa mahirap na bida. Almost always same plot except dun sa mga action telenovelas pero meron pa rin drama at love story. Panooring mo na lang ng NatGeo, Discovery Channel etc anak mo.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Many kids are being brainwashed by these obobnovelas. My kids stay tuned more to Nic and Disney (tutal, i also like watching Phineas and Ferb), Discovery and the cooking shows.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    bec people are watching. good example is your wife..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Official...di tuloy ang merger. Baon sa 1 billion Philex mess si MVP.

Pangilinan bid to acquire GMA 7 falls through | Inquirer Business

Pangilinan bid to acquire GMA 7 falls through
    By Doris C. Dumlao
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    9:17 am | Thursday, October 4th, 2012

MANILA, Philippines–Businessman Manuel V. Pangilinan’s latest bid to acquire a controlling stake in local broadcasting firm GMA Network Inc. has bogged down.

The Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. group disclosed to the Philippine Stock Exchange on Thursday that MediaQuest Holdings Inc., an investee company of the PLDT Retirement Fund, has terminated recent discussions with the major shareholders of GMA Network.

“The parties have been unable to arrive at mutually acceptable terms despite the continual discussions and efforts exerted in good faith,” the PLDT disclosure said, without discussing what the deal-breaker was.

Industry sources said the termination had nothing to do with Pangilinan’s recent threat to relocate back to Hong Kong or pull out investments in the Philippines, noting that discussions hit stumbling blocks even before that.
    Biz Buzz reported in early September that after moving close to an acceptable pricing of about P52.5 billion (enterprise value for 100 percent of GMA-7), a potential deal-breaker was the amount of advance payment that sellers wanted Pangilinan’s group to lay on the table ahead of congressional approval to consummate the deal.
    Knowing that the deal may encounter rough sailing among regulators, Pangilinan’s group was not willing to shell out a big amount that could be forfeited if regulators would oppose the deal.

Last August, GMA7 chairman Felipe Gozon told reporters that the discussions with Pangilinan’s group would either terminate or go through within this year. If a deal doesn’t push through, he had said the current owners of GMA7 were “ready, prepared and willing to continue running” the company.

Gozon, for his part, has been at the helm of GMA7 for 12 years.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    kung di siguro nagfine ang Philex mining dahil sa leak tuloy parin siguro yun buy in ni MVP sa GMA-7...

yun nalang RPN-9 or IBC-13 mas mura pantapat nya sa ANC, myx, or gawin knowledgeable channel

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    It's about time for the Filipino people to stop gloriying this person. I

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    ah mali pala mautal eto c MVP, i think he's operating a hedge fund. Announce na bibilin dito bili duon, mag- invest sa infra tas hindi naman. He is dealing with stock arbitrage like George Soros

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
WTF!? MVP is offering to buy GMA7 for P500B