New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Will you be willing to perform the ultimate sacrifice for your country?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 48.00%
  • No

9 36.00%
  • Maybe

4 16.00%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    yep. proud to be a filipino.

my great grand dad died leading a band of guerillas. He was part of the USAFFE who escaped when the japanese took over tanuan, leyte. too bad he didn't get to see the liberation.

my other grand dad fought with guerillas in ilocos norte too. he told me all about it when i was a kid. he said he was so scared when they were pounded by artillery barrages for two weeks.

if in my lifetime the philippines gets attacked, i'll take up arms to defend the country, no questions asked.

walang mag-tatanggol sa bayan naten kundi tayo tayo ren lang.
    Last edited by torque2006; August 14th, 2007 at 08:48 PM. Reason: additional.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    kill or be killed.

now about those israelis, imo, our rotc and their trainings are different.in pinas what we do is march and march except for those students who are willing enough to train rigorously.and mind you, some nations, including this tiny island, rotc is not just a unit, they are required to stay inside a military camp for real military training and that is 2 painful years.and that makes them capable to face the real combat.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Not if the president is Gloria. :D

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
    for the country?.....teka nga....eh papaano yung pinoy nga blood...pero not a pilipino citizen?...tssk..tsssk..confused...well, just do what you can do then.
    If you took an oath to be a citizen of whatever country you're in, they you better be ready to lay down your life for that country.

Of course, that doesn't mean we can't volunteer our services to the Philippines if she issues a call for help. I would. I'm still in pretty good shape. So long as it's clear that Uncle Sam owns my sorry b*tt.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag meron lang gyera. pag wala di ka dapat maging civilian casualty, panggulo ka lang at siya ka pang alalahanin ng mga naka-uniform.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    We can die ng walang kwenta. Like the story of Elsa and Lando. Better than dying a senseless death.

Joining the army to die for our country? Now this is senseless, since war is senseless. Negosyo lang ang gera.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I guess I'm not too surprised at some of the attitudes and opinions shown here. But at the same time, I've also been thinking of the Muslims down south and the passion they have for their cause. I may not agree with their cause. But, I sure have a lot of respect in their fighting ability and dedication. It's something other Pinoys should examine closely.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I would rather die while having ***..... Die for my country?......BS!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    YES! I love my country..wala ako pakialam kahit na sino pa president ng bansa basta para sa Pilipinas.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
    for the country?.....teka nga....eh papaano yung pinoy nga blood...pero not a pilipino citizen?...tssk..tsssk..confused...well, just do what you can do then.
    pekto's response should unconfuse you kapatid

Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    If you took an oath to be a citizen of whatever country you're in, they you better be ready to lay down your life for that country.
    some politician in the Philippines makes it look like the country isn't worth dying for...anymore. So, I don't blame some of you who feels like dying for Philippines is a huge BS.

I ran into PAF, Phil Navy, and Phil Army officers where I am currently stationed at. Wow, the envy and respect that I felt when I saw them

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Would you give up your life for you country?