New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Many of us like of having a vehicle of our own. But having one without a secured rented parking space or a garage, gives me second thoughts of owning one.

Sayang lang ang pinagpaguran mong investment kung masisira lang. May makakasira at manenenukan pa, kung minalas malas ka makursunadahan pa ang sasakyan mo at baka ma-carnapped pa.

Sent from my Starmobile UP+ using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Ang consideration dyan ay yung nakakaabala sa kalsada.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    One should think of the interest of others who are also entitled to use that portion of the street that the would-be vehicle owner intends to use for his exclusive benefit as his "garage." That portion of the street is common propert for common use and enjoyment.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Depende sa street ninyo. Street parking lang ako pero allowed naman dito samin. Kaso dati may nangursada parin sakin. At yun ang naging sign na wag ako maging oc sa brand new car namin haha. Lahat ng stains hinahayaan ko na lang ngayon konting punas na lang pra di naman madumi tignan. Regular wash na lang at hindi ko na rin winawax ipapa washover ko na lang kapag permanently babalik na ako ng probinsya or makakahanap ako apartment na may gated parking.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depende naman yan sa "street parking" mo. if you are in a subdivision and street parking is allowed ok lang yan. pero syempre may kasamang diskarte yan. kung ang pag-park mo e pabalagbag, walang paki sa iba, malayo sa gutter at abala na sa kalsada e gagasgasan ka nga, o baka matapunan ka pa ng brake fluid, o lagyan ng pako gulong mo. pag maayos ang pag-park mo e di syempre gagalangin ka naman ng ibang tao.

yung sa nakaw o vandalisim, pakabit ka ng car alarm saka lagay ka ng cctv na nakatutok sa kotse mo. para mas maganda pa lagay ka sign sa harap ng bahay mo, "monitored by cctv" at lagay ka din ng light. led light para di magastos sa kuryente. dapat cctv mo di masyado mataas ang position para kita yung face ng mga naka-baseball cap.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It would be proper to really try and secure your own parking first, before buying. Heck, even a one car garage abode is not enough for a lot of people nowadays.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    No. I always go for covered parking even if I have to walk farther. If there's no covered parking available, I look for shade. I rarely let my car bake under the sun so leaving my car out on the street is not an option for me.

Your car is less safe on the street. My brother is lazy to park his car in the garage so he's had several mishaps with his car. Merong binangga ng kapitbahay namin na lasing yung auto. We just heard a loud blag in the middle of the night

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    NOPE! Until nabili mo na yung kalye only then you can use it as your garage. But if you park on the street for a short period of time, acceptable pa yun.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Yung may taxi samin lahat ng vacate wala oto na bahay pinaparadahan. Ok lang kahit isang dosena pa unit mo sana may garahe.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Actually there are 3 main requirements to satisfy before the LTFRB issues a franchise:

1. The applicant (if a natural person) is a Filipino citizen;
    2. He or she is financially capable; and
    3. He or she has a garage for his vehicles.

Of the 3, no. 1 is easiest to establish. Even a foreigner can get a franchise through a Filipino dummy.

No. 2 is hardly implemented by the LTFRB. It issues franchises left and right without regard as to whether the operator can maintain his/her fleet or compensate victims of the negligence of his/her drivers.

No. 3 is routinely ignored by LTFRB. Buses, jeepneys and taxis continue to be parked on streets.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast