New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    #21. Mall of the Emirates, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, with SKI DUBAI [SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]claimed to be one of the largest indoor ski resorts in the world....[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    A friend of mine have been to South China Mall. He is working in Dongguan. Medyo may kadayaan ang laki kasi parang ayala center sa makati, bale yung mga malls, seperate buildings which houses different items, gaya ng supermarket, home/builders, department stores and amusement part. Yes, amusement park, halos sinlaki ng Enchanted Kingdom with indoor (sinlaki daw ng SM southmall pag di kasama yung parking area) and outdoor rides. Sabi nya nga, linalangaw daw yung mga department stores dahil di mahilig ang mga chinese sa shopping. Puro bakante daw ang mga stalls at yung imax theatre na since the start ay prinopromote nila, di pa tapos as well as other buildings thats supposed to look like England with a big Ben replica.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Yup but only one in the top ten.

It was measured by square feet of gross leasable area. Which means parking doesn't count and as M54 said most of the malls in the US have large parking lots taking most of the space.
    Do malls in the US charge parking fees?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    No

:fly:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    It's better than the other list that the Philippines made it into.

Worst ferry disaster: #1 Dona Paz 3,000 killed.

Worlds most congested city: #1 Manila, population 1,581,000, density 41,014 persons per square kilometer.

Countries with the largest population: #12 Philippines 87,857,473

With stupidity increasing and self interest leading the charge I'm quite surpised the country hasn't made any more records.

:fly:

Edit no worries, we would soon be producing our own ethanol wonder what that would bring

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Do malls in the US charge parking fees?
    Nobody would go if they did.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nobody would go if they did.
    Agreed. Paid parking would be silly here.

It's often hard to find a good reason to go to the mall because so many things can be done cheaper.

Want to watch a movie? True, the theaters have the latest movies first and it's one of the main reasons for going to a mall here. But, many people choose to wait a short bit and watch them on cable or satellite Pay Per View. I do that occasionally and just record straight from DirectTV to my pc.

Shopping? Games and pc parts I can order cheaper on the internet. Clothes? My wife prefers Target or Walmart. Electronics? Most electronic stores here are outside of malls.

Restaurants? We do go to places like Olive Garden, Red Lobster, or Texas Outback. But, they're all normally outside the main mall area.

It's really hard to find anything in the mall that can't be found elsewhere and cheaper.

Add: Just about the only reason I go to a mall is to watch a movie or go to Spencers so I can buy my wife a dirty gift.

Like these:
    http://www.spencersonline.com/index....d-c78eed902372
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 11th, 2007 at 02:31 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kunsabagay naghihirap ang mga tao sa pinas, reklamo dito reklamo duon na kulang ang sweldo, pero anlalaking shopping mall asa pinas, kahit na maliit na mall o tiangge para sa mas mahirap, tulad ng tutuban at geenhills, kelan ba alang tao sa greenhills...

mahirap nga pinas, tingin ko tinatago ng tao pera nila para maka pamili...kasi andaming tao sa mall.

most of the people in the mall are merely window shopping, in laymans term, nagpapalamig dahil meron aircon, hehehe

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    World's largest malls based on gross leasable area.
    [LIST]
    [B][*]South China Mall, Dongguan .
    was involved with this one with the landscape, really huge project, just unbeleivable
    Last edited by yuichi; March 12th, 2007 at 01:52 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    was involved with this one with the landscape, really huge project, just unbeleivable
    which one?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
World's Largest Malls according Forbes