New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Are there set rules that employees should get double-pay or xx% rate of pay for working on those days or what?

With Nov 1 and 7 upcoming, the company I work for wants us to come in and work.

Any legal issues about this or is it fully justified?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They should pay at least double your daily rate. I work on holidays too and I don't mind since they pay 2.6 of the daily rate.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Yes there is. For public holidays, it is mandated that the employer should pay double the daily or hourly rate of the employee. For special holidays, the employer is required to pay additional 30% of the daily or hourly rate of employee. The same thing applies if the employee has rendered overtime or has exceeded the 8 hours of work.

Check this link, and read Book III, Chapter II of the Labor Code of the Philippines

Official Website of the Department of Labor and Employment

NOTE:
    I have encountered some companies (mostly owned by foreigners) that they don't observe our holidays. They instead observe their holidays, thus they are not practicing what is stated in our Labor Code, especially payments for special holidays and regular holidays. They instead pay the regular rate of their employees.

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    The upcoming Nov1 and Nov7 holidays - are they public or special? What should the rates be?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    November 1 - special non working since hindi naman siya pula sa calendar, so additional 30% lang

November 7 - regular holiday as per announcement, so double pay ito

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    November 1 - special non working since hindi naman siya pula sa calendar, so additional 30% lang

November 7 - regular holiday as per announcement, so double pay ito
    Yes, yan yung tama sir testa!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

If you're monthly-paid and there is a special holiday, I suggest you just stay home. You get a day's pay.

If you report for work,- then you get only 30% of your day's pay....

14.2K:juggle:

Working on public holidays!