New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Every summer time in the US i go and work there... But this year my kid(4 yrs old) will be going to preschool and nobody is gonna take her so i'm pretty much inclined to bring her to school ...

here's the thing I still wanna work while i'm here . One thing though, i can only work night shift because my wife works daytime and nobody will care for our kid ( we take pride in bringing up our own kid ourselves and not let the maid do that job) so one of us have to work nightshift and she has a good paying job that it's not gonna be easy to just let it go...

Call center comes to mind .... i work nightshift then come home daytime and bring my kid to school...

considering what i make everytime i go back to the states my income from a call center job won't be comparable ... Should i just be a stay at home husband for the meantime or should i just go out and work and not be considered a freeloader hehehe...

what would you do?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^while you can still manage to take your kid to school, however the arrangement would deprive your wife from spending quality time with you...the kid would love to have you both around for dinner...

if i were the wife and kaya ko buhayin pamilya ko, bahay ka lang muna meantime...parang bakasyon mo na rin...anyway kumakayod ka naman pag nasa US ka...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Same sentiments with ab_initio...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    same ideas with ab_initio

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The wife will work. You will be the "house-band".........

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I think you should work in the U.S. this summer instead of being financially dependent on your wife. A man has to search for financial avenues for his family in order to cope with their basic needs and wants. Anyway, it's just for the summer vacation. Two months of not being with your child and wife is not that long considering the income that you will get out of working in the United States. It's a good thing that you are prioritizing the financial stability of your family. Mahirap din yata maging "chemis" (hindi chemist). "Chemisis naka-asa." hehe.

caveat: baka walang makuhang trabaho dahil recession doon ngayon.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Maybe you can run a home-based business.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ^^ im also looking into an online partime job if ever i decide not to work at a call center ... any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by beereo View Post
    I think you should work in the U.S. this summer instead of being financially dependent on your wife. A man has to search for financial avenues for his family in order to cope with their basic needs and wants. Anyway, it's just for the summer vacation. Two months of not being with your child and wife is not that long considering the income that you will get out of working in the United States. It's a good thing that you are prioritizing the financial stability of your family. Mahirap din yata maging "chemis" (hindi chemist). "Chemisis naka-asa." hehe.

caveat: baka walang makuhang trabaho dahil recession doon ngayon.
    i actually have a job waiting for me there everysummer ....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post
    ^^ im also looking into an online partime job if ever i decide not to work at a call center ... any ideas?

meron naman palang trabaho. eh di go for it habang nasa 48 level pang ang palitan.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post

Choose a company that keeps the family together, but this is not for you cause your leaving family behind. Over time, your question will increase along with experience. Money isn't everything, but contentment is. You can balance between sacrifice and family. Most of us well do work to live or live to work.
    How important is your job compared to your family? Make a smarty pros and cons list. I was there too! Did I keep my family together safe and secured? 21 years in the U.S Navy and we are happy family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
to Work or not to Work?