New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Got this from an e-mail

The Wit and Class of a Filipino

A Filipino walks into a bank in New York City and asks for the loan officer.

He tells the loan officer that he is going to the Philippines on business
    for two weeks and needs to borrow $5,000.

The bank officer tells him that the bank will need some form of security for

the loan, so the Filipino hands over the keys of a new Ferrari.
    The car is parked on the street in front of the bank.
    The Filipino produces the title and everything checks out.

The loan officer agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan.
    The bank's president and its officers all enjoy a good laugh at the Pinoy
    for using a $250,000 Ferrari as collateral against a $5,000 loan. An
    employee of the bank then drives the Ferrari into the ban! k's underground
    garage and parks it there.

Two weeks later, the Pinoy returns, repays the $5,000 and the interest,
    which comes to $15.41. The loan officer says, "Sir, we are very happy to
    have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but

we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and found
    that you are a multimillionaire. What puzzles us is, why would you bother to

borrow $5,000?"

The Pinoy replies: "Where else in New York City can I park my car for two
    weeks for only $15.41 and expect it to be there when I return?"

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the wit and class of a Filipino... hmmm...

yeah... the word Filipino / Philippines / Pinoy was just inserted to this old joke... sort of an ego-booster perhaps?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I read this a couple of years ago, instead of Filipino, Jewish man naman hehehe...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jamaican naman yung nabasa kong version nito hehehehe

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    I'm sure, if nagka-dent yung ferrari niya kasi kung saan-saan na lang na-park sa NYC, it wouldn't be too smart if he has to pay not less than $1,000 to have it repaired. Kung alam niyo lang kung paano magpark ang mga New Yorkers. Binabangga ang bumper mo to move your car if you are parked too close to the next vehicle or kung nahihirapang lumabas ang kotse from the parking spot. Kung titingnan mo ang mga kotse na dinadala sa Manhattan, puro gasgas at dent ang mga bumpers! Maraming gagong drivers din doon and really impatient ones na walang respeto to other people's property!

Many times before na naka-street park ako visiting friends in NYC, napakasakit makita ang kotse mo na may dent na lang kung saan-saan. Pero pili-piling mga lugar ang safe to park.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm....luma na nga ito...

lumalabas nga ang wit ng pinoy....

but look in the other side of the spectrum.... it is one form of panggugulang di ba?

One of my colleague send it to his British friends and they are not quite amused about it...they say its taking advantage on other party.... On one hand he is a multi-millionare, so he should have a proper garage for his expensive car.

Some of you may flame me by saying this....pero tayong mga pinoy ay magugulang talaga (hindi lahat, pero karamihan)...we will take advantage in every oportunity that we can get even though it will compromise a good and stable situation...

one very simple example.... pagda-drive na lang ng mga pinoy sa kalsada, go figure out, meron dyan na hogging in two lanes na ayaw magpalagpas kala mo eh kanya kalsada, meron na maniningit kahit around two feet lang ang diperensya nung pwesto sa kabilang lane kumpara sa current position nya, alang pakialam kung merong paparating dun sa kabilang lane, kapag nabusinahan eh sya pa ang galit....hehehehe
    andaming pwedeng banggitin, and its just a day to day driving example lang ha??

pis po tayo mga bro...hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's a joke... Lighten up a bit hehe.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    nice joke hehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    joke time lang... wag nating siniseryoso...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    herhehrehreher..! so does anybody with comparable wits..so does funny jokes coming from jokers, clowns and jester folks..
    Last edited by tagalnasaabroad; February 8th, 2005 at 11:30 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
The Wit and Class of A Filipino