New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i still believe pete sampras owns the wimbledon just check out how many finals he played, and won
    federer is on track to match if not exceed that. be reminded that roger trashed pistol pete in staright sets on their 1st and only meeting on wimbledon as if saying, "Sorry Pete, but I'm taking over."

in my opinion, federer has more arsenals in his armor than pete sampras. pete is kinda boring to watch. roger excites the crowd with his variety of shots.
    Last edited by mantoy; July 6th, 2004 at 04:17 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree with you Stinkaboy.

Pistol Pete owns the Wimbledon and also Bjorn Borg if my memory serves me right.

IMHO Andy is still a little soft in the head. Wala pa yung mental toughness, di pa masyadong develop, but his time will come and he will be something to contend with in all surfaces.

Federer, I like his game, it's a complete game. Has a very strong baseline and volley game and a good service game. Kinda reminds me of a Boris Becker during his prime.

Hindi lang iisang aspect ang malakas sa kanya unlike Agassi, Sampras etc.. those guys they thrive only in one area of the game. (i.e. Sampras is service, Agassi is baseline)

But I've already seen the one player I would like to win a Grandslam, and that's Goran.

What a championship between Goran and Rafter, one of the greatest finals in the history of Wimbledon. Five-sets and all sets decided by a tie-break, except for the last set of course. That's one for the books.

Never tire watching that match.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    bakit nagretire na yata si goran?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep Goran already hang his racket. One of the last true serve and volley player of tennis.

Age caught up with him and his shoulder injury is not getting any better.

He says that his goal was to win a Wimbledon Championship, which is considered the Holy Grail of tennis, and he's done that.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    solve na ko nanalalo si Maria Sharapova ko.

Bjorn Borg won most numbers of Wimby tournament

idol ko rin si Goran kaso 32 or 33 na ata sya, di na nya kaya yung mga bata.
    Lalo na si Henman, walang kasawa-sawang matalo

IMO, magiging short lived lang siguro ang reign ni Roger, parang may kulang sa kanya na hindi ko malaman eh

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Federer Express has a complete arsenal in his sleeves....He has a beautiful and effective backhand compared to Sampras slice backhand. Sampras relied heavily on his forehand most of the time, but Roger Federer can match him w/ both all department of the game...incl service and volley!

Even Roddick cited Roger as a strong and all around player...." He threw everything including kitchen sink but roger countered him with a bathtub"

I enjoyed the finals really..kasi may baseline, volley and passing shots kang makikita..unlike kung puro Serve and volleyer ang magkalaban....Boring!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Wimbledon men's final