New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Is there a WiFi broadband router with USB port instead of RJ45? Globe seems to be using a DSL modem with USB. Why is Globe using USB anyway?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    normally, all router are connected via rj45 from your adsl modem. i haven't seen any wifi router that connects to your pc thru a USB port (atleast here in singapore except if given by the dsl provider). if you are using a wi-fi router and your pc (desktop or laptop) don't have the wi-fi card better buy a wireless card otherwise get rj45 and connect to your lan card.

i haven't seen globe router yet but perhaps its a modem/router combo that is why it can be connected to USB.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Paki post naman ang verified info kung talagang USB ang gamit ng Globe. Gamit ko kasi CDMA cellphone (used as modem).

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Nung nagpakabit ako two years ago ng Globe they provided a Speedtouch USB DSL modem. Baka puwedeng by request. I think they want to ensure their policy of 1 computer per connection is enforced. For 2000 pesos a month that should be for the whole house...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Yung bang Speedtouch connected sa mobile phone?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Nung nagpakabit ako two years ago ng Globe they provided a Speedtouch USB DSL modem. Baka puwedeng by request. I think they want to ensure their policy of 1 computer per connection is enforced.
    Hmmm.... what if i connect it to a USB Hub with 4-Port output? Will my 4 computers still get internet connection?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    ^^^ yes, use windows ICS.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by christerdom
    ^^^ yes, use windows ICS.
    Why would I use Windows ICS if i already have a 4-Port USB Hub distributing the internet connection to my 4 PCs?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    try it out first, if it works then wonderful, but afaik, it won't work unless you are using a 4-port router or you have 1 PC with crossover setup (2 lan card).

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    *boyferrari -- sir you need ICS primarily because you need a dhcp server to provide your computers the ip address and and share the internet, unless your isp gave you 4 separate public ip addresses under your account. if that's the case...you can try installing the driver of your modem on all the pcs connected to the usb hub and theoretically that would work. ang usb kase, kailangan may drivers eh.

*walter -- yes there are brands/models that have usb ports on them...you can try your luck and see if you can find the Linksys BEFSRU31. I'm not sure if this has been phased out already and if its available here. Inquire ka nalang po sa pc express or any of those shops in guilmore.

HTH

WiFi router with USB?